AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 hours ago, MLB_Applicant said:

Did anyone receive citizenship ceremony invitation for 24th July in Wyndham Council? My application moved to approved state on 28th March 2022 and waiting for invitation.

People approved upto 11 mar reported invitation.. even 15 mar approved hasnt received invite.. so now next ceremony September 😏🙄

On 29/06/2022 at 20:48, Crazy 4 said:

No mate. I think melton is very slow 

I just saw the update in Melton City Council that they were conducting 6 ceremonies in August. Did you or anyone in Melton Council got an invite to the ceremony yet?

On 14/06/2022 at 15:44, Jesscoop82 said:

Hi everyone 

seeking expert opinion on the following concern:

while citizenship application my son was under 16 years of age and now we have received test invite and he is over 16 years of age. 

Do I need to inform DHA regarding this or is it obvious, no exam or obligation on his part?

Hi , 

Saw from your post you had the test and interview recently. Anything required from your son since he is over 16?

Regards

53 minutes ago, SSY said:

Hi , 

Saw from your post you had the test and interview recently. Anything required from your son since he is over 16?

Regards

Hi 

my husband took his test & no one asked anything about my son.

mine was on 8th but I couldn’t make it because of Covid 

Hello everyone,

Me and my partner gave the test and interview on last Wednesday afternoon and still waiting for approval and on both files on immi account says "received", do they have to do another checks like police checks after the test and interview ?

My partner's file got two children file as well.

Test was passed. 

And is the same officer sends the approval who send the test and interview or different officer ?

I understand, approval times are vary and they can take time or they can also approved same time. 

Anyone know when we call them or email for file update and also for standard processing time, how much exact months.

We put the file June 2021, file opened on 8 june 2021.

And give the test in Melbourne immigration office. 

Thank you

Edited by J singh

Hello all,

Just a few queries to ask:

1. What's the latest date up to which Wyndham Council invited for ceremonies? I read one of the comments saying up to 9th March 2022.

2. If someone needs to go overseas for approximately a month, then does he/she need to inform if they are planning to come back before the next ceremony date listed on the council website?

Please suggest.

20 hours ago, Ramy said:

Hello all,

Just a few queries to ask:

1. What's the latest date up to which Wyndham Council invited for ceremonies? I read one of the comments saying up to 9th March 2022.

2. If someone needs to go overseas for approximately a month, then does he/she need to inform if they are planning to come back before the next ceremony date listed on the council website?

Please suggest.

Applicants approved upto around 11Mar have been invited for the July ceremony. Next one is only in September. If ur travelling period is between this time frame .. i dont think there is any need to inform them... they have kept us hanging for long.. 

2 hours ago, Kuwind said:

Applicants approved upto around 11Mar have been invited for the July ceremony. Next one is only in September. If ur travelling period is between this time frame .. i dont think there is any need to inform them... they have kept us hanging for long.. 

Thanks for the response Kuwind. And yes, my traveling period is between this time frame and will be back before the next ceremony date.

17 hours ago, elden0613 said:

Hi all 

What's the latest date up to that Melton Council invited for ceremonies???

I’ve been waiting to have a ceremony since   the approval date April this year.

18 hours ago, elden0613 said:

Hi all 

What's the latest date up to that Melton Council invited for ceremonies???

I’ve been waiting to have a ceremony since   the approval date April this year.

Might want to try writing to the council to ask which approval month has been invited so far (for Melton July Ceremonies). Some council replies, some will ignore.

I am way behind from you since I got approved 3rd of June. 

Waiting for your good news. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Worried Mummy said:

Hubby's application was submitted on Oct 31 2021 and approved on April 22nd from ACT. Still hasn't received ceremony invitation yet. Does anyone know what is the waiting time for ACT from approved to ceremony?

It depends on which Council you belong to. It's common to have to wait 6 months to be invited to a ceremony so I wouldn't worry just yet. 

Hi guys,
My newborn is 8 month old and already a citizen. We got his birth certificate, Citizenship Certificate and Aussie passport. Do you have any word document template to inform newborn's details?
Could you please share letter template/sample to inform new born kid details? It would be a great help. Please help!
Thanks in advance!
Thanks,
🙏🙏

Hi All,

Application Submitted - 27 April 2021

Test - 20 May 2022

Approval - Waiting 

Requirement - I have something on my criminal record without conviction and DOHA asked me to submit 2 Stat decs to support my character requirement. I have submitted the docs this week. Can someone please share their experience or knowledge you have about the time they can take from here?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Archer 91221 said:

Hi All,

Application Submitted - 27 April 2021

Test - 20 May 2022

Approval - Waiting 

Requirement - I have something on my criminal record without conviction and DOHA asked me to submit 2 Stat decs to support my character requirement. I have submitted the docs this week. Can someone please share their experience or knowledge you have about the time they can take from here?

Thank you.

Hi Archer, 

I send you private message, 

Please check. 

Also did you mention this in your citizenship form. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, Applied for Citizenship on 16th Aug 2021 (Victoria, Noble Park). Called for interview and test on 23rd Aug 2022 (Email received 14th july 2022). Have applied for my wife (with kids) and me. Question is do I have to take my son who has turned 16 yrs last month or he is exempted (as he was under 16 yrs when we applied). In case, I have to take him, does he have to give the test as well. Any direct immigration contact number or email ID to get answers for these question. Pls advise. 🙏 Thanking in advance for your valuable response and feedback. Syed (0404908530) email SUHAILAYAAN@AIM.COM

14 minutes ago, suhailayaan@aim.com said:

Hi Everyone, Applied for Citizenship on 16th Aug 2021 (Victoria, Noble Park). Called for interview and test on 23rd Aug 2022 (Email received 14th july 2022). Have applied for my wife (with kids) and me. Question is do I have to take my son who has turned 16 yrs last month or he is exempted (as he was under 16 yrs when we applied). In case, I have to take him, does he have to give the test as well. Any direct immigration contact number or email ID to get answers for these question. Pls advise. 🙏 Thanking in advance for your valuable response and feedback. Syed (0404908530) email SUHAILAYAAN@AIM.COM

No, u dont need to take him. He was under 16 at the time of application so nothing needs to be done. U can reschedule ur test n finish the test earlier n get in queue for cermony