AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

1 hour ago, VIC-WAIT-GAME (NO WAY HOME) said:

Congratulations mate.

I just checked my email and I have also FINALLY received the test/interview invite for 24 May 2022 Tuesday. 🤩😍🤗
I was honestly losing hope. Waiting without any information tests your patience big time. 
I am happy for you Kuwind.

Best of luck with the test. ☺️

The feeling was mutual..Happy for us mate 🥳 

• Like 2

A quick update. Test/interview done today. 

I received my test/interview invitation via email yesterday (20 April 2022). @MLB_Applicant (thank you for sharing the link to reschedule the date). Luckily, I was able to reschedule my appointment to 30 April 2022 (today).

Just came back from the test centre (passed the test). To my surprise, they were open on a Saturday. The whole thing took about 25 minutes for me (about 5 minutes for the interview and under 20 mins for the test).

We entered the premises, entered the client ID and were asked to go to level 2. The lady just asked for the driver's license and passport to verify details. Confirmed basic details like DoB and address. I was allowed to sit the test. But you must take along all the required documents they have listed on the invitation email. 

Some tips for everyone. Do study the material available online as the questions were little tricky for me (it would possibly just be me as I panic and get nervous quite easily). I managed to score 100% after spending good time. 

- Please do spend time understanding the question.

- Avoid making choices in a hurry.

- Do not create hassle for yourself.

- You will not miss the train.

- There is plenty of time. 

- First attempt is not end of the world

I came back after the test. 

Another important thing. I am an owl who spent all night studying the online testable material and that was the reason I confidently rescheduled the test/interview to today (when I only received the invitation yesterday). Another reason was that I was done waiting for over 13 months after applying. So I just wanted to get done with it. 

I will now be waiting for approval and ceremony. 

This forum provides a lot of information and gives hope, specially to those who have been waiting for a very long time. Everyone goes through the same process. Do not lose hope and stay focused.

Thank you everyone and good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VIC-WAIT-GAME (NO WAY HOME) said:

I received my test/interview invitation via email yesterday (20 April 2022). @MLB_Applicant (thank you for sharing the link to reschedule the date). Luckily, I was able to reschedule my appointment to 30 April 2022 (today).

Just came back from the test centre (passed the test). To my surprise, they were open on a Saturday. The whole thing took about 25 minutes for me (about 5 minutes for the interview and under 20 mins for the test).

We entered the premises, entered the client ID and were asked to go to level 2. The lady just asked for the driver's license and passport to verify details. Confirmed basic details like DoB and address. I was allowed to sit the test. But you must take along all the required documents they have listed on the invitation email. 

Some tips for everyone. Do study the material available online as the questions were little tricky for me (it would possibly just be me as I panic and get nervous quite easily). I managed to score 100% after spending good time. 

Another important thing. I am an owl who spent all night studying the online testable material and that was the reason I confidently rescheduled the test/interview to today (when I only received the invitation yesterday). Another reason was that I was done waiting for over 13 months after applying. So I just wanted to get done with it. 

This forum provides a lot of information and gives hope, specially to those who have been waiting for a very long time. Everyone goes through the same process. Do not lose hope and stay focused.

Wowww that was quick. I never thought test on saturday was an option. Hopefully u wiĺ be approved soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kuwind said:

Wowww that was quick. I never thought test on saturday was an option. Hopefully u wiĺ be approved soon.

Thanks Kuwind. 😊

Me neither. I never thought that they would even be open on a Saturday so it was quite a surprise there for me as well. Either 30 April 2022 was available or 6 May 2022. I am pretty sure it showed all other dates were not available. I do not remember now to be honest.

As we head towards elections, it seems like Victoria has got some wheels tied with it (working on Saturdays) 😂
Good to be in the city on a Saturday btw. Its quiet and you can have little fun driving around. Finding parking is the best feeling ever. 🤩

14 minutes ago, VIC-WAIT-GAME (NO WAY HOME) said:

Hi Microstarba,

If you don't mind, could you please tell me if you applied for the passport after the ceremony? How long after the ceremony were you able to apply and have you received it? If you have, how long did it take after you applied?

Thanks

Hi there, hope you are keeping well

I'm still waiting to receive the passport, and can provide the update once i get it. But basically:

- Ceremony on 11 April,

- The instruction mentioned wait for 10 business days before applying for passport, but I tried online (passports.gov.au) and it allowed me to apply after 3 days (i.e. the website managed to validate the certificate number)

- Given Easter break, I only went to lodge it at Australia Post on 20 April and now still waiting. On the website, status is "under assessment"

Hope it helps

35 minutes ago, microstarba said:

Hi there, hope you are keeping well

I'm still waiting to receive the passport, and can provide the update once i get it. But basically:

- Ceremony on 11 April,

- The instruction mentioned wait for 10 business days before applying for passport, but I tried online (passports.gov.au) and it allowed me to apply after 3 days (i.e. the website managed to validate the certificate number)

- Given Easter break, I only went to lodge it at Australia Post on 20 April and now still waiting. On the website, status is "under assessment"

Hope it helps

Thanks for getting back quickly.

I am keeping well, thanks, just excited these days as I wait for approval and ceremony.

Glad to hear that you have applied for the passport. Hopefully you will get it soon.

Please keep us posted. 

Any expert here please provide me suggestions. my test and interview was on 11april still waiting for approval how can we know it’s approved or not? Do we get email from Department of home affairs or mail on mail box  it’s been 3week  waiting for approval 

I see in this group most of the people got approved next day 

thanks 

4 hours ago, Rhiteshpanthi said:

Any expert here please provide me suggestions. my test and interview was on 11april still waiting for approval how can we know it’s approved or not? Do we get email from Department of home affairs or mail on mail box  it’s been 3week  waiting for approval 

I see in this group most of the people got approved next day 

thanks 

Yes u do get email for approval..done with test yesterday..recieved mail in half in hour 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 10:34, VIC-WAIT-GAME (NO WAY HOME) said:

Hi

when you say all documents does that include form 1195 and passport photo that someone had to endorse? I can’t find originals as I’ve moved twice since application!! I’ll look

this weekend but wanted to know what documents did you present please? 
Thanks

kerry

1 hour ago, Kezzles said:

Hi

when you say all documents does that include form 1195 and passport photo that someone had to endorse? I can’t find originals as I’ve moved twice since application!! I’ll look

this weekend but wanted to know what documents did you present please? 
Thanks

kerry

Hi Kerry
Hope you are doing well

Following will be required:

==> Birth certificate (that has your birth name, DoB, gender)
==> Evidence of change of name (if required)
==> Document with photograph and signature (passport and australian drivers license)
==> Utility bill (could be electricity/ gas/ internet or water) to confirm your current address

Please make sure that you have updated the department of any address changes.

Rest should go well, no stress.
Enjoy your weekend :)

PS: I had with me form 1195 as well and as endorsed photograph but they did not ask for it. They have that in their system already, so relax. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/03/2022 at 17:51, Athens07 said:

Hey Congratulations 

did you apply for prioritisation or something ? I’m from the same council applied on November 2020 . My test day was on May 28th 2021 and still waiting for approval …

Hey Athens,

did you get any correspondence from the department fr the delays? I am on the same boat, it's been almost 2 months now and no news, very stressful situation for me, all in my circle got the approval on the same date.