AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 07/03/2022 at 12:31, microstarba said:

Update with my timeline to date. Long wait so far but hopefully things are moving quicker now

Region: Melbourne, VIC

Number of applicants: 1

Citizenship application: Oct 2020

Appointment letter received: Jan 2022 (15 months from application)

Test: 7 Mar 2022 (16.5 months from application), and passed

Application approval: 10 Mar 2022 (3 days after the test)

Ceremony: TBA. Will be in Manningham council (VIC)

Updated approval

19 hours ago, Jiv2019 said:

Hi bro..

when did you recived your approval?

plz share the timeline.

thanks

Applied on 4/05/2021
Exam invitation received on: 15/06/2021
Exam date: 13/07/2021
Approved date: 13/07/2021
Ceremony invitation email on: 02/03/2022
Ceremony date: 21/03/2022

Moreton Bay Regional Council

On 07/03/2022 at 17:33, Rsims said:

Congrats! What council? 

Thanks, sydney (Parramatta for interview, penrith for ceremony), 21 yr old got his invite on monday for week saturday, hubby got his tuesday for saturday, pleased to say he passed, 18 yr heard today that his is next Saturday, me and 16 yr old still havent heard thanks

Hi Everyone, Just received a phone call from council for the Moreton Bay ceremony on March 21st next Monday.

If anyone else has a feeling that they should have been invited by now to a citizenship ceremony and haven't received anything. check your relatives email. - As apparently because I mention my mother on my application as close family and provided contact details including email address, they sent my invite to her email, she's hopeless at checking emails lol. (and yes I checked my immi account and my email is the primary corresponded email address - always has been)

So they rung me as they had not heard from me, it was a private number lucky I picked up. Apparently Home Affairs gave them the wrong email address. So just a heads up to everyone. Although they rung me - its still last minute and I could have been out of town and not been able to make it back on time. 

My Timeline:

Applied for Citizenship: 12 May 2021

Invitation for Test and Interview received on 15 June 2021 for 15 July 2021

Rescheduled myself to 25 June 2021 

Approved 25 June 2021 Same day - received my official letter by mail a few days after 

Invite to Ceremony: 15/03/2022 for 21/03/2022 (should have received invite at least 2 weeks ago)

Hope this information helps! :)

8 hours ago, Amy.K said:

Hi Everyone, Just received a phone call from council for the Moreton Bay ceremony on March 21st next Monday.

If anyone else has a feeling that they should have been invited by now to a citizenship ceremony and haven't received anything. check your relatives email. - As apparently because I mention my mother on my application as close family and provided contact details including email address, they sent my invite to her email, she's hopeless at checking emails lol. (and yes I checked my immi account and my email is the primary corresponded email address - always has been)

So they rung me as they had not heard from me, it was a private number lucky I picked up. Apparently Home Affairs gave them the wrong email address. So just a heads up to everyone. Although they rung me - its still last minute and I could have been out of town and not been able to make it back on time. 

My Timeline:

Approved 25 June 2021 Same day - received my official letter by mail a few days after 

Invite to Ceremony: 15/03/2022 for 21/03/2022 (should have received invite at least 2 weeks ago)

Hope this information helps! 🙂

Hi Amy, so you waited c.7-8 months from approval to ceremony? and you are in QLD.. Then I can only assume VIC will take longer than that unless someone has got a better experience to share...

Congrats and enjoy the ceremony ahead

1 hour ago, MLB_Applicant said:

Any lucky victorian who applied bt 20  Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2021 got test invite? Looks like victorian applications process has halted again.

Hope yours coming soon. I applied in Late Oct-2020 and just had the test last week (so c.16-month wait). I'm in Melbourne

Edited by microstarba

On 14/03/2022 at 18:50, Rhiteshpanthi said:

Hi team just wondering do we need to bring current country of citizenship during interview  my interviews schdule in april i lost  original one but i got notaries one with me its  take more then 1month to get it another one from home country 
Thanks 

What document are you actually referring to? My experience going to the test (last week / in Melbourne VIC) was they only looked at my driver licence and passport (mainly to confirm your identity). I did bring along my birth certificate (assuming this is the doc you are talking about) but wasn't needed

9 hours ago, Amy.K said:

My Timeline:

Yay!! I was wondering how I got the invite when your approval was before mine.

See you on Monday. Congratulations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, microstarba said:

Hi Amy, so you waited c.7-8 months from approval to ceremony? and you are in QLD.. Then I can only assume VIC will take longer than that unless someone has got a better experience to share...

Hey, Technically I received an invite on the 6th month but it went to my mums email and I never attended the Jan ceremony and missed out 😞 so 6-7 months i would say after approval in QLD 

18 hours ago, Amy.K said:

My Timeline:

UPDATE - So I checked my mums emails last night to find out that they had invited me back in December 2021 for the Jan 26th ceremony but we didn't see the email so I missed out.

I am just glad they called me this time after not receiving any response from myself multiple times - otherwise would have missed out on this one else well!

EVERYONE please check emails of anyone you have mentioned on your application even if you mentioned them for information purposes. My mother was not a part of my application just information that "this is mother and these are her contact details" - I don't know how many people may be experience delays due to council not receiving the correct email. They did not ring me in dec/jan and even if they did would have been private number and i would not have been able to call back and think they only try once.

You all will be aussies soon - just keep checking everyone's emails on the application lol

I kinda feel like we need to set up a shared spreadsheet and kindly ask everyone to update their timeline in there. Once we’ve got that, I think a lot of the questions can be answered and people can refer to it for general timeline
I’m happy to set up the file. But keen to hear if people are interested in the idea

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, microstarba said:

I kinda feel like we need to set up a shared spreadsheet and kindly ask everyone to update their timeline in there. Once we’ve got that, I think a lot of the questions can be answered and people can refer to it for general timeline
I’m happy to set up the file. But keen to hear if people are interested in the idea

This is a great idea!

32 minutes ago, microstarba said:

Hey, there actually is already a file for this! Just search for My Immi Tracker and go to the website, create an account for Australia, and select the Citizenship Processing Tracker. You can even use filters. I do it so I can see just NSW data and people are really good at updating their timelines

Hey, there actually is already a file for this! Just search for My Immi Tracker and go to the website, create an account for Australia, and select the Citizenship Processing Tracker. You can even use filters. I do it so I can see just NSW data and people are really good at updating their timelines

Oh great this is exactly what i was thinking about. Thanks for sharing

18 hours ago, microstarba said:

It took 7-8 months or more in Melbourne (depending on which council area) before Covid. It's hardly likely to have improved!

Got my test invite! It does seem that for Sydney, the Parramatta office is about a month ahead of the CBD:

Application date: 1st September 2021

Received test invite letter: 17 March 2021

Test day: 18 March 2021 at Sydney CBD office

I went online to reschedule right away and there was plenty of spots coming up, so I was able to reschedule it for tomorrow. Hopefully it all goes smoothly!

Also, what documents did most people bring to the test?