AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 04/02/2022 at 10:59, MLB_Applicant said:

The above timeframe is average time for entire Australia. The  Victoria processing timeframe is more than the average timeframe. I think around 50%( 75000 out of 145000 ) of applications are pending from Victoria ONLY.

Whilst true for the entire country, it matches up to the current VIC status.

On 18/02/2022 at 18:23, Ultimatemenace said:

In other words most VIC submissions are taking around 13 - 14 months 

And then some.

Applied Nov 2020, test 15/2/2022, more info 19/2/22, approved 22/2/22 (today 🎉).

OH had the same application and test date (actually had the appointment/passed the test first) and is still “received”.

Ceremony hopefully sometime this year…but so far, even sans ceremony, it’s been 15 months application to approval (would/will be 15 months tomorrow actually).

• Congratulations 1

1 minute ago, Mixology said:

Wow! Congratulations on approval of the application.

What was the extra information that was asked? And do you know why it was asked? Something we can do to provide that info already so it doesn't delay the application?

Thanks!

Thanks! They sure take their time hey.

It was proof of change of name…which doesn’t exist 😂. Won’t be an issue for normal people, but for as long as I’ve remembered I’ve spelled my middle name one letter different to how it is on my birth certificate. I explained this on my PR application, as my passports, driving licences, etc. all have “my” spelling, but this time they wanted to know how I’d been issued a passport with a different name to my birth certificate.

I explained (truthfully) that I just filled the form in and nobody questioned it, about 20 years ago (very manual process, my original passport has a real photo laminated into it, so people were definitely involved!).

The only proof I had, luckily, is that HMRC have always used my birth name spelling, and I had a letter from them with my full name which matched the address on my UK driving licence. So I bombarded Immi with letters linking my UK National Insurance number, UK employment and address, and it seemed to satisfy them that the two spellings were in fact the same person. Lucky I had all these docs actually as I imagine most people would have thrown out payslips and stuff relating to a job from a decade ago 😂 

So if there’s any name discrepancy (even one letter it seems), find proof of how it links, even if Immi have never questioned it before.

31 minutes ago, sub7er said:

Hi, Does anyone know what the Covid 19 vaccination policy is for Brisbane city councils citizenship ceremony? I am currently unvaccinated. Look forward to hearing from other members of this forum. thanks

The rule for the January 2022 ceremony was that one must be vaccinated, because it was held in a hospitality venue. However the rules change frequently so I would check with the Council when you know the date of your ceremony. 

On 24/01/2022 at 04:14, MerryPumpkin said:

Congratulations on the first contact! Do you mind sharing what council please? My husband applied 18/11/2020 and I applied 23/11/2020 as well and we haven't heard any yet, also from Melbourne. Just hoping something will move soon! 

Update: We finally had out interview and test done 21/02 for me I moved from original test date of 10/03. My husband's finished his test and interview  today and we both received our approval within an hour of finishing the test. Council: Glen Eira

We're also interested to find our if anyone in Victoria who applied Sept or Oct 2020 have receive invites for ceremony? Or what the current timeline is. Thanks!

Goodluck on those still waiting. It feels good to know it is finally moving. 😊

• Congratulations 1

18 hours ago, sub7er said:

Hi, Does anyone know what the Covid 19 vaccination policy is for Brisbane city councils citizenship ceremony? I am currently unvaccinated. Look forward to hearing from other members of this forum. thanks

We’re on the Sunshine Coast Qld and they stated the following on our invite …

Covid-19

You will not be required to show proof of vaccination to attend this event. The event will have physical distancing in place. you will not be required to wear a mask for the duration of the ceremony unless social distancing of 1.5m is not possible.

3 hours ago, MerryPumpkin said:

Update: We finally had out interview and test done 21/02 for me I moved from original test date of 10/03. My husband's finished his test and interview  today and we both received our approval within an hour of finishing the test. Council: Glen Eira

We're also interested to find our if anyone in Victoria who applied Sept or Oct 2020 have receive invites for ceremony? Or what the current timeline is. Thanks!

Goodluck on those still waiting. It feels good to know it is finally moving. 😊

We applied 23 Nov 2020. Contacted 19/1/2022, tests 15/2/22, approved (me) 22/2/22 and (OH) 23/2/22. So very slightly shorter than yours, but still long haha. No ceremony invite yet, was advised 2-6 months, probably.

• Congratulations 2