Jump to content
04April2017DE

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

Is it too early to panic because we are not approved yet for our citizenship applications after we did the test on 29/09


Citizenship application : 07/08/2019

Received invitation to do the test : 02/2020

Initial Test Date: 27/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid)

Second Test Invitation: 11/09/2020

Test Date: 27/09/2020- Passed 

Application on Immi: Approved 15/10/2020

Ceremony: 15/12/2020- Bayside Council 

City: Sydney CBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coquette said:

Is it too early to panic because we are not approved yet for our citizenship applications after we did the test on 29/09

I think it is too early to panic, I have seen someone posted in another forum that they have received approval letter even their application status wasn't changed to approved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manga said:

I think it is too early to panic, I have seen someone posted in another forum that they have received approval letter even their application status wasn't changed to approved

Oh ! I hope that! It scared me when I saw some people really waited very long time (like months) then they got a further assessment required or Approved. Hoping for the best 


Citizenship application : 07/08/2019

Received invitation to do the test : 02/2020

Initial Test Date: 27/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid)

Second Test Invitation: 11/09/2020

Test Date: 27/09/2020- Passed 

Application on Immi: Approved 15/10/2020

Ceremony: 15/12/2020- Bayside Council 

City: Sydney CBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2020 at 18:52, Baby Pom said:

Just got my invitation for my citizenship ceremony today.

Only 3 weeks to wait now!!

BTW It is a ceremony in person at our local council offices.

 

Citizenship Application: 12/1/2020

Received Invitation for Test: 20/7/2020

Test Date: 5/8/2020 (Passed)

Received Ceremony Invitation: 1/10/2020

Ceremony: Due on 23/10/2020

City: Perth

Baby Pom which city council in Perth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silentreader101 said:

Baby Pom which city council in Perth? 

City of Belmont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In victoria office , application waiting long queue. Hope start asap. Anyone recieved citzenship from victoria?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Deep1984 said:

In victoria office , application waiting long queue. Hope start asap. Anyone recieved citzenship from victoria?

When did you submit your application and which council?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tharru said:

When did you submit your application and which council?

I submitted last month. But my friends submitted last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone changed the state after application? Will they arrange the test appointment according to your new resident address? Probably yes but just want to ask the experience. Also when we got a test appointment, let's say Sydney CBD can we reschedule by select a near by test place like Paramatta or only can reschedule at the same test center? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2020 at 11:43, ramot said:

Also interested as I have received my approval letter, husband still waiting! for his, they must be worried about him.

My letter mentions approximately 6 month wait for ceremony, but this might not have been updated since covid? Might opt for a virtual ceremony, but would prefer a real one.

We are classed as rural on the Sunshine Coast, and I will update when we hear anything.

Citizenship applied for on 27th May 2020, approval letter dated 6th August 2020.

We were exempt from having to wait and take a test first as ‘geriatric’ so took about 10 weeks for my letter of approval.

Just received our invitation to our citizenship ceremony.

4th November Sunshine Coast.

Really looking forward to it. 

It has taken about 6 months from application.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2020 at 13:40, coquette said:

Is it too early to panic because we are not approved yet for our citizenship applications after we did the test on 29/09

I don't mean to sound negative but I am:

  • a single applicant with no immediate family
  • from a low-risk country
  • with a very straightforward life history
  • crystal clear police clearances
  • no overseas trips during the entire 4-year permanent residence

I had my test on 21.01.2020, and my application is still "Pending" ... 8 months, 18 days since the date of the interview. 

I think my case just fell through the cracks, I'm so sad 😪

I do hope that this will not be the case for you! 

  • Sad 1

PR VISA: 221213 EXTERNAL AUDITOR | 27/08/12 NAATI Community Language (Russian) | 22/06/15 PTE Academic (L90 R90 S90 W90) | 26/06/15 CPA Skills Assessment (12/12) | 26/06/15 EOI | 03/08/15 Invitation to apply | 24/08/15 Visa lodged | 08/10/15 GRANT | 01/12/15 Landed in AUSTRALIA

CITIZENSHIP: 01/12/19 Application Lodged | 20/01/20 Invitation Received | 21/01/20 Interview & Test Passed (100%) | Pending Approval | Pending Ceremony Invitation | Pending Ceremony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ramot said:

Just received our invitation to our citizenship ceremony.

4th November Sunshine Coast.

Really looking forward to it. 

It has taken about 6 months from application.

Congratulations!   We went to a citizenship ceremony as guests of some friends recently - it was really quite moving. Lovely day.

 


103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me if the date you arrived in Australia just prior to being awarded PR counts as your lawful residence date even if you left the country seven weeks later and didn’t begin actually living here until the following year?


103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

Can anyone tell me if the date you arrived in Australia just prior to being awarded PR counts as your lawful residence date even if you left the country seven weeks later and didn’t begin actually living here until the following year?

My understanding is they count time in the country. They will count the time before PR towards Citizenship in the last four years but will not count anytime that you are physically out of the country. If that's what you mean...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Citizenship Applied - 05/10/2020.

Application Received - 05/10/2020

Council - Sydney

189 Visa NZ stream applied: 06/07/2019

Request for health check: 20/08/2019

Health check completed 31/07/2019

Request for second VAC: 01/10/2019

Paid second VAC: 04/10/2019

Visa grant: 04/10/2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

I don't mean to sound negative but I am:

  • a single applicant with no immediate family
  • from a low-risk country
  • with a very straightforward life history
  • crystal clear police clearances
  • no overseas trips during the entire 4-year permanent residence

I had my test on 21.01.2020, and my application is still "Pending" ... 8 months, 18 days since the date of the interview. 

I think my case just fell through the cracks, I'm so sad 😪

I do hope that this will not be the case for you! 

Any luck calling them and ask?


Citizenship application : 07/08/2019

Received invitation to do the test : 02/2020

Initial Test Date: 27/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid)

Second Test Invitation: 11/09/2020

Test Date: 27/09/2020- Passed 

Application on Immi: Approved 15/10/2020

Ceremony: 15/12/2020- Bayside Council 

City: Sydney CBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many places have been re-opened, except VIC even VIC regional 😞

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship

Currently, in-person citizenship appointments are available at:

  • Department of Home Affairs office, Adelaide SA
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Brisbane QLD
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Canberra ACT
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Cairns QLD
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Darwin NT
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Hobart TAS
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Parramatta NSW
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Perth WA
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Sydney NSW
  • Services Australia office, Albany WA
  • Services Australia office, Albury NSW
  • Services Australia office, Alice Springs NT
  • Services Australia office, Broome WA
  • Services Australia office, Bunbury WA
  • Services Australia office, Bundaberg QLD
  • Services Australia office, Coffs Harbour NSW
  • Services Australia office, Corrimal NSW
  • Services Australia office, Geraldton WA
  • Services Australia office, Griffith NSW
  • Services Australia office, Kalgoorlie WA
  • Services Australia office, Karratha WA
  • Services Australia office, Kawana Waters QLD
  • Services Australia office, Launceston TAS
  • Services Australia office, Mackay QLD
  • Services Australia office, Mount Isa QLD
  • Services Australia office, Newcastle NSW
  • Services Australia office, Orange NSW
  • Services Australia office, Port Augusta SA
  • Services Australia office, Port Macquarie NSW
  • Services Australia office, Rockhampton QLD
  • Services Australia office, South Hedland WA
  • Services Australia office, Tamworth NSW
  • Services Australia office, Toowoomba QLD
  • Services Australia office, Townsville QLD
  • Services Australia office, Tweed Heads NSW
  • Services Australia office, Wagga Wagga NSW
 
Last updated: 07 October 2020
Edited by JK_69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied for citizenship: 11 Feb 2020

Test/Interview: Waiting 

 

It’s nearly been 8 months, I’ve applied in Sydney and requested the CBD office.

 

Anyone had their test/interview in Sydney in similar application time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received interview and test letter for 17 April 2020 but they postponed my exam cause of corona .

im still waiting for rescheduling my exam again 

anyone have idea how long I still have to wait ? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bondi797 said:

Applied for citizenship: 11 Feb 2020

Test/Interview: Waiting 

 

It’s nearly been 8 months, I’ve applied in Sydney and requested the CBD office.

 

Anyone had their test/interview in Sydney in similar application time?

I got my test a week ago in sydney CBD office, applied 08/2019


Citizenship application : 07/08/2019

Received invitation to do the test : 02/2020

Initial Test Date: 27/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid)

Second Test Invitation: 11/09/2020

Test Date: 27/09/2020- Passed 

Application on Immi: Approved 15/10/2020

Ceremony: 15/12/2020- Bayside Council 

City: Sydney CBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, K amin said:

I received interview and test letter for 17 April 2020 but they postponed my exam cause of corona .

im still waiting for rescheduling my exam again 

anyone have idea how long I still have to wait ? 
 

it really all depends on which state/city.. mine was postponed too in 29/4 , they re invited me again 23/9, Sydney CBD office


Citizenship application : 07/08/2019

Received invitation to do the test : 02/2020

Initial Test Date: 27/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid)

Second Test Invitation: 11/09/2020

Test Date: 27/09/2020- Passed 

Application on Immi: Approved 15/10/2020

Ceremony: 15/12/2020- Bayside Council 

City: Sydney CBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone

I just received approval letter today

Citizenship application 16-01-2020

Test- 30-09-2020

Approval 30-09-20

Approval letter received  7-10-2020

Ceremony ?

Immi account status still showing Received for my wife but we both received approval letters.

City Brisbane

Moreton bay council

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manga said:

Hi Everyone

I just received approval letter today

Citizenship application 16-01-2020

Test- 30-09-2020

Approval 30-09-20

Approval letter received  7-10-2020

Ceremony ?

Immi account status still showing Received for my wife but we both received approval letters.

City Brisbane

Moreton bay council

Congratulations! My son received his approval letter too aweek after the test. Me and my husband still received though and no surprise letters received.  Update us pls when u get invited for the ceremony. 


Citizenship application : 07/08/2019

Received invitation to do the test : 02/2020

Initial Test Date: 27/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid)

Second Test Invitation: 11/09/2020

Test Date: 27/09/2020- Passed 

Application on Immi: Approved 15/10/2020

Ceremony: 15/12/2020- Bayside Council 

City: Sydney CBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jennyinoz said:

My understanding is they count time in the country. They will count the time before PR towards Citizenship in the last four years but will not count anytime that you are physically out of the country. If that's what you mean...

Thanks


103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bondi797 I applied last year December from the SYDNEY CBD area. Still, no response mate. Sydney Office is sleeping or woking super slow. They don't care about people's frustration and how desperate they are for citizenship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×