AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

19 hours ago, b_a said:

Hey Sydney applicants,

Just received my appointment letter for the test!

Timeline:

• Citizenship application: 29/04/2021
  • Test: Monday 20th December
  • Sydney CBD

That's so exciting for you! I didn't apply till 01/09/2021 so I have a while to wait but it's just good to know that Sydney is processing applications and tests are being conducted

Good luck on your test!

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone ,

I have 2 questions regarding my citizenship application if anyone can help. 

1. I have added my newborn in children section of the application. I have applied for the birth certificate though but i haven’t applied for citizenship certificate yet. Baby is not the citizen of any county in papers ( no proof) . Should I apply and wait for his citizenship certificate first and then apply for my citizenship application or should I declare the child as Australian citizen as being the child of PR/citizen parent or just leave blank those info?

2. Filling in information for my parents, as one of my parent has passed away long time ago. There is no option to put his info as “deceased” however there is about his citizenship status as how did he acquired his citizenship overseas? And I choose “by birth” So should I choose the next option of ‘how/when did it ended’ as his date of passing or just leave it blank? 

thanks a million in advance 

Hi all, 

I got a question regarding my citizenship application. I am applied on 24 of April 2021, I still have not heard anything from the department of home affairs. Is that normal? As I can see that some people applied after me and the got their test invitations already. I have applied from Sydney.  

I've got a question and appreciated if someone had the same situation can shed some light

My application was lodged in October 2020 under my old passport (expired now). In 2021, given the expiring passport, I got a new one and following this, I've updated details on immi account and attached a scanned copy of the new passport to my citizenship application

Is that all I need to do or am I missing something?

I'm still haven't heard any update re. my application (14 months already). Some background details as follow:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current visa: subclass 189 (granted 2016)

Citizenship application: Oct 2020

Region: Melbourne, VIC

Number of applicants: 1

Application status: Received

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all

4 minutes ago, Canadian2 said:

When did you apply? 

I applied in August 21. But based on my immi tracker, last person who was processed in Victoria applied in September 2020. So still a long way to go. 

After lockdown ended, NSW has already started the application processing. Rest of the states were always doing great. Victoria on the other hand has a backlog of year and a half and are not working at all since most recent lockdown started few months ago. 

Anyone on the Sunshine Coast Qld received an invite to the Australia Day Ceremony?

What date did you get your application approved?

We applied Dec 2019 didn’t get a test until Feb 21 approved March 21 and still waiting on a ceremony invite. 

On 13/01/2022 at 07:38, Canadian2 said:

I applied just after you in Jan 2021. Fingers crossed you hear something soon!

I applied in sept 2020. Just received the appointment letter for the test on 7 Feb. The waiting period for open files in Melbourne is 17 months. Just have patience soon will be open yours. Good luck .

Thanks for the update!!

3 hours ago, Deep1984 said:

I applied in sept 2020. Just received the appointment letter for the test on 7 Feb. The waiting period for open files in Melbourne is 17 months. Just have patience soon will be open yours. Good luck .