AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

To all Melbournians waiting for their test - let’s unite together!

If you like many other people I have spoken to are feeling like your citizenship application have been delayed for so long that it feels like it’s been forgotten, with months and years of waiting time piling up and no hope in sight, let’s our voices be heard

- Write to your local mps explaining your situation

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Karen Andrews MP (Minister for Home Affairs)

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Alex Hawke MP (minister for immigration, citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs)

- Write to the press (ABC, Herald Sun, The Age, etc)

- Call the immigration call centre

Let’s do something. It’s just not right that the rest of the country is progressing with the tests and ceremonies as usual, while here in Melbourne we’re all stuck at pre-lockdown numbers

Edited by Sgarnon
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jul said:

ha ha ha...yes.

mine was at 12pm when did you?

and did you check ur immi status? mine is still "approved" not "finalised"

I had mine at 1:30pm... Immi status still approved, I suppose it takes some times but I really don't care as I got the certificate.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 14:36, Sgarnon said:

To all Melbournians waiting for their test - let’s unite together!

If you like many other people I have spoken to are feeling like your citizenship application have been delayed for so long that it feels like it’s been forgotten, with months and years of waiting time piling up and no hope in sight, let’s our voices be heard

- Write to your local mps explaining your situation

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Karen Andrews MP (Minister for Home Affairs)

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Alex Hawke MP (minister for immigration, citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs)

- Write to the press (ABC, Herald Sun, The Age, etc)

- Call the immigration call centre

Let’s do something. It’s just not right that the rest of the country is progressing with the tests and ceremonies as usual, while here in Melbourne we’re all stuck at pre-lockdown numbers

ive waited so long that ive decided to wait as long as they want me to coz im pretty sure once im able to vote, no current MPs will get it. i suggest you future victorian aussies do it too coz this crphole of a state is just hopeless. no many opportunities lost!

Hey guys, I'm in Sydney and I applied for citizenship 01/09/21. I haven't heard anything yet, but I know things are pretty backed up due to Covid and the lockdown etc.

Just curious if anyone else in Sydney applied in the last year and if they heard anything yet, or how long it took to be invited to take the test?

Also, is everyone required to have an interview and test, or do some people just need to take the test?

14 hours ago, Gee! said:

Hey guys, I'm in Sydney and I applied for citizenship 01/09/21. I haven't heard anything yet, but I know things are pretty backed up due to Covid and the lockdown etc.

Just curious if anyone else in Sydney applied in the last year and if they heard anything yet, or how long it took to be invited to take the test?

Also, is everyone required to have an interview and test, or do some people just need to take the test?

Hi @Gee!, I applied on 17/08/21 through Parramatta Office and have not heard anything as yet. I think it will take a while because of the backlog and holidays in Dec.

• Like 1

Sharing my timeline as I've finally received a ceremony invite in Melbourne 🎉

Applied 22 May 2020

Approved 18 May 2021

Ceremony 15 December 2021 

City of Melbourne council, in person ceremony which I'm super excited for, really didn't want virtual!

• Congratulations 3

10 minutes ago, annagilda said:

Sat my test this morning and passed. (100%) super easy and the lady was so friendly and made me feel less stressed. 

My immi account changed to approved almost instantly. Cant believe I've only got one more step to go! 

So, now just the wait for a ceremony. 

which state?

On 07/11/2021 at 23:40, Melbournian said:

Hi Victorians,

Did July 2020 Victorian applicants got an invite ? Could you please share "latest date of application", for which you did receive an invite for test.

Just wanted to see, how much are we lagging behind. I applied 20 Nov, 2020 - still no luck.

Cheers.

I applied on the same day as you. nothing yet

On 18/10/2021 at 20:39, Gills1987 said:

Hi all,

I’m in Ballarat (vic), applied 20 September 2020, not heard anything at all yet, anyone similar? Assuming the backlog in VIC is huge given lockdowns etc.

Thanks

I applied 2 months after you and still have not heard anything. Keen to know if you received your test invitation yet.

13 hours ago, Jack91 said:

Test on 02/11/2021, approved 12/11/2021, letter for approval received today (18/11/2021).

Now I wait for the ceremony invite! Seems like the Sunshine Coast has a long wait on that, which isn't a surprise! 

We had our exam on last Monday, 15th Nov at Kawana. Status still "received". Hopefully we get it shortly like you 😜

Hi , What the maximum num of days we are allowed to travel overseas once we have lodged the citizenship application ? 

i just lodged my citizenship 2 months  ago and wants to travel for 2-3 months , is there any requirements I have to fulfill from my end with Immi ? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XoXo11 said:

Hi , What the maximum num of days we are allowed to travel overseas once we have lodged the citizenship application ? 

i just lodged my citizenship 2 months  ago and wants to travel for 2-3 months , is there any requirements I have to fulfill from my end with Immi ? 

I'm in the same situation, I called Immigration they said to just notify them once you're leaving Australia