AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

All praise goes to Almighty...

Finally Australian citizen... aussie...ūüá¶ūüáļ

Applied : 14/07/21 & 01/09/21 (wife)

Ceremony: 12/11/2021 

Salisbury city council, Adelaide. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

To all Melbournians waiting for their test - let’s unite together!

If you like many other people I have spoken to are feeling like your citizenship application have been delayed for so long that it feels like it’s been forgotten, with months and years of waiting time piling up and no hope in sight, let’s our voices be heard

- Write to your local mps explaining your situation

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Karen Andrews MP (Minister for Home Affairs)

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Alex Hawke MP (minister for immigration, citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs)

- Write to the press (ABC, Herald Sun, The Age, etc)

- Call the immigration call centre

Let’s do something. It’s just not right that the rest of the country is progressing with the tests and ceremonies as usual, while here in Melbourne we’re all stuck at pre-lockdown numbers

Edited by Sgarnon
  • Sad 1

Finally the end of a long Journey!

Family of five now Australian!!!

City of Salisbury SA

All the best as I bid goodbye to online forums!

• Congratulations 2

3 hours ago, Jul said:

All praise goes to Almighty...

Finally Australian citizen... aussie...ūüá¶ūüáļ

Applied : 14/07/21 & 01/09/21 (wife)

Ceremony: 12/11/2021 

Salisbury city council, Adelaide. 

Same ceremony, you should have said helloūüėÖ

1 hour ago, JayKay said:

Same ceremony, you should have said helloūüėÖ

ha ha ha...yes.

mine was at 12pm when did you?

and did you check ur immi status? mine is still "approved" not "finalised"

14 hours ago, Jul said:

ha ha ha...yes.

mine was at 12pm when did you?

and did you check ur immi status? mine is still "approved" not "finalised"

I had mine at 1:30pm... Immi status still approved, I suppose it takes some times but I really don't care as I got the certificate.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 14:36, Sgarnon said:

To all Melbournians waiting for their test - let’s unite together!

If you like many other people I have spoken to¬†are feeling like your citizenshipÔĽŅ application have been delayed for so long that it feels like it‚Äôs been¬†forgotten, with months and years of waiting time piling up and no hope in sight, let‚Äôs our¬†voices be heard

- Write to your local mps explaining your situation

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Karen Andrews MP (Minister for Home Affairs)

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Alex Hawke MP (minister for immigration, citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs)

- Write to the press (ABC, Herald Sun, The Age, etc)

- Call the immigration call centre

Let’s do something. It’s just not right that the rest of the country is progressing with the tests and ceremonies as usual, while here in Melbourne we’re all stuck at pre-lockdown numbers

ive waited so long that ive decided to wait as long as they want me to coz im pretty sure once im able to vote, no current MPs will get it. i suggest you future victorian aussies do it too coz this crphole of a state is just hopeless. no many opportunities lost!

Hey guys, I'm in Sydney and I applied for citizenship 01/09/21. I haven't heard anything yet, but I know things are pretty backed up due to Covid and the lockdown etc.

Just curious if anyone else in Sydney applied in the last year and if they heard anything yet, or how long it took to be invited to take the test?

Also, is everyone required to have an interview and test, or do some people just need to take the test?

14 hours ago, Gee! said:

Hey guys, I'm in Sydney and I applied for citizenship 01/09/21. I haven't heard anything yet, but I know things are pretty backed up due to Covid and the lockdown etc.

Just curious if anyone else in Sydney applied in the last year and if they heard anything yet, or how long it took to be invited to take the test?

Also, is everyone required to have an interview and test, or do some people just need to take the test?

Hi @Gee!, I applied on 17/08/21 through Parramatta Office and have not heard anything as yet. I think it will take a while because of the backlog and holidays in Dec.

• Like 1

Sharing my timeline as I've finally received a ceremony invite in Melbourne ūüéČ

Applied 22 May 2020

Approved 18 May 2021

Ceremony 15 December 2021 

City of Melbourne council, in person ceremony which I'm super excited for, really didn't want virtual!

• Congratulations 3

Sat my test this morning and passed. (100%) super easy and the lady was so friendly and made me feel less stressed. 

My immi account changed to approved almost instantly. Cant believe I've only got one more step to go! 

So, now just the wait for a ceremony. 

First visit to Australia in 2010 as a tourist. Arrived back on a WHV September 2016, Applied 489 August 2017, granted April 2018. Applied 887 (PR) April 2020, granted August 2020. Applied Australian Citizenship August 2021. Became an Australian in January 2022. Couldn't be happier! 

10 minutes ago, annagilda said:

Sat my test this morning and passed. (100%) super easy and the lady was so friendly and made me feel less stressed. 

My immi account changed to approved almost instantly. Cant believe I've only got one more step to go! 

So, now just the wait for a ceremony. 

which state?

1 hour ago, citseeker said:

which state?

Queensland 

First visit to Australia in 2010 as a tourist. Arrived back on a WHV September 2016, Applied 489 August 2017, granted April 2018. Applied 887 (PR) April 2020, granted August 2020. Applied Australian Citizenship August 2021. Became an Australian in January 2022. Couldn't be happier! 

Hi

anyone from Melbourne applied last year and still waiting to hear back?

applied in December 2020 still didn’t hear anything back 

Edited by abey1

On 07/11/2021 at 23:40, Melbournian said:

Hi Victorians,

Did July 2020 Victorian applicants got an invite ? Could you please share "latest date of application", for which you did receive an invite for test.

Just wanted to see, how much are we lagging behind. I applied 20 Nov, 2020 - still no luck.

Cheers.

I applied on the same day as you. nothing yet

On 18/10/2021 at 20:39, Gills1987 said:

Hi all,

I’m in Ballarat (vic), applied 20 September 2020, not heard anything at all yet, anyone similar? Assuming the backlog in VIC is huge given lockdowns etc.

Thanks

I applied 2 months after you and still have not heard anything. Keen to know if you received your test invitation yet.

Is there anyone here from Wyndham council  received ceremony invitation for 27November 2021?

If you have received ceremony invite for 27 November 2021 what's your  test date and approval date?

Is there anyone here from Brisbane City Council received ceremony invitation for 29 November 2021?

If you have received ceremony invite for 29 November 2021 what's your application date, test date and approval date?

Test on 02/11/2021, approved 12/11/2021, letter for approval received today (18/11/2021).

Now I wait for the ceremony invite! Seems like the Sunshine Coast has a long wait on that, which isn't a surprise! 

Independent (Subclass 189) IELTS 17/5/14 - L 8.5 - R 8.0 - W 8.0 - S 9.0 / VETASSESS Training and Employment Check 1/4/14 - Successful / Bench Joinery VETASSESS Technical Interview - 28/07/2014 (Kent) - Successful 04/08/2014 / EOI - 06/08/2014 / Invite for VISA - 29/08/2014 / Medicals 13/09/2014 / VISA Granted - 28/10/2014 Landed In Brisbane - 29/04/2015 Citizenship Application Submitted - 17/04/2021 Test - 02/11/2021 Approval - 12/11/2021 Ceremony - TBD

13 hours ago, Jack91 said:

Test on 02/11/2021, approved 12/11/2021, letter for approval received today (18/11/2021).

Now I wait for the ceremony invite! Seems like the Sunshine Coast has a long wait on that, which isn't a surprise! 

We had our exam on last Monday, 15th Nov at Kawana. Status still "received". Hopefully we get it shortly like you ūüėú

9 hours ago, Bongo48 said:

We had our exam on last Monday, 15th Nov at Kawana. Status still "received". Hopefully we get it shortly like you ūüėú

I did my test in Brisbane, turn around time should be the same! 

Independent (Subclass 189) IELTS 17/5/14 - L 8.5 - R 8.0 - W 8.0 - S 9.0 / VETASSESS Training and Employment Check 1/4/14 - Successful / Bench Joinery VETASSESS Technical Interview - 28/07/2014 (Kent) - Successful 04/08/2014 / EOI - 06/08/2014 / Invite for VISA - 29/08/2014 / Medicals 13/09/2014 / VISA Granted - 28/10/2014 Landed In Brisbane - 29/04/2015 Citizenship Application Submitted - 17/04/2021 Test - 02/11/2021 Approval - 12/11/2021 Ceremony - TBD

On 15/11/2021 at 20:48, Ivan1 said:

I applied 2 months after you and still have not heard anything. Keen to know if you received your test invitation yet.

Hi Ivan, still nothing….

State: VIC
Birth Country: LR
Stream: ENS TRT

Number of applicants: 4
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 06 September 2018
Visa Application submitted: 06 September 2018

Medical and police checks requested 12 March - completed all on 05 April 2019
IMMI Status: Finalised - granted on 06 April 2019

Hi , What the maximum num of days we are allowed to travel overseas once we have lodged the citizenship application ? 

i just lodged my citizenship 2 months  ago and wants to travel for 2-3 months , is there any requirements I have to fulfill from my end with Immi ? 

• Like 1

Hi,

Anyone in Toowoomba waiting for Australian Citizenship Ceremony? I got approval in August 2021 but I have not heard anything regards to the Ceremony.

12 hours ago, XoXo11 said:

Hi , What the maximum num of days we are allowed to travel overseas once we have lodged the citizenship application ? 

i just lodged my citizenship 2 months  ago and wants to travel for 2-3 months , is there any requirements I have to fulfill from my end with Immi ? 

I'm in the same situation, I called Immigration they said to just notify them once you're leaving Australia

State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  14/02/2018

Nomination approved: 14th Dec 2018