AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

3 hours ago, Ddl said:

Hi guys, 

I applied mine and my wife’s citizenship on 15th of April this year in parramatta office. And I haven’t heard anything yet. Problem is my wife’s overseas passport is expiring January next year. Does she need to have valid passport to attend the test and interview? Or ceremony?

thanks guys.

She can bring her Australian driver's license, plus any other ID, doesn't matter if it has been expired. I was told this when calling at their customer service line. 

4 hours ago, mikesmyth said:

Applied in May 2021 (Melbourne - Whittlesea). Included my son's application as well (born last year).

Still showing as "Received".

Have moved to Wyndham Vale since, wondering if it would affect timing for processing.

Maybe you will be allocated to a different city council? Allocated to their queue, it may be longer or shorter the waiting time. 

• Like 1

On 27/10/2021 at 16:07, tungly said:

Your ceremony will be on 26/1/2022. You will get invitation in the first week of January 2022.

Hi Tungly

Thanks for your response 

How are you confidently advising ceremony will be on 26/1/22

When is your application approved and ceremony date?

On 27/10/2021 at 12:26, Gracee said:

I haven't heard of any virtual ceremony in Brisbane. My application was approved in January 2021 and only had the ceremony last week, 18th October. So hang in there. Yours will be soon hopefully..

Thanks Gracee

Did you receive ceremony invite by email or post?

Where is the ceremony held in City or?

Hi guys!

I have lodged my citizenship application on 30/07/2021, and since then, DHA hasn't sent my test schedule yet. I have a pre-booked trip in June next year with my PR visa expiring soon. What do you guys think would be the best course of action for my situation? Should I apply for RRV or reach out to DHA to fast track my application with supporting documents proving my trip has already been booked. 

Would appreciate a response. By the way, I'm from Melbourne. 

Regards, 

Gabe 

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a call / letter for the ceremony. But I am traveling soon and would like to make sure that the ceremony isn't scheduled while I am away. Is there a way to notify the council / department to not to schedule the ceremony during my travel period?

Council - Moreton Bay Regional Council

Cheers.

On 29/10/2021 at 18:34, Gabetrotter1 said:

Hi guys!

I have lodged my citizenship application on 30/07/2021, and since then, DHA hasn't sent my test schedule yet. I have a pre-booked trip in June next year with my PR visa expiring soon. What do you guys think would be the best course of action for my situation? Should I apply for RRV or reach out to DHA to fast track my application with supporting documents proving my trip has already been booked. 

Would appreciate a response. By the way, I'm from Melbourne. 

Regards, 

Gabe 

We ended up applying for RRVs. Applied for citizenship in Feb this year, no movement yet and looking to go overseas end of this year. Bit annoying that VIC is taking so long!

15 hours ago, Aayush said:

@Tzhamzl_tn74, do you know if I need to call the council or department of home affairs?

Until you get Ceremony invite. You should contact Department of home affairs. Once you got ceremony invite and if you want to postpone due to Overseas travel you can just reply back to ceremony email. they will reschedule accordingly.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 19:09, TheAdorable said:

Can I please ask when did you submit your application?  I thought the process is on hold at the momnet

Hi there, I applied late October 2020 so been a year now... Well, I hope they WFH. Other states other than VIC still progressing pretty quickly

On 29/10/2021 at 18:01, Aayush said:

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a call / letter for the ceremony. But I am traveling soon and would like to make sure that the ceremony isn't scheduled while I am away. Is there a way to notify the council / department to not to schedule the ceremony during my travel period?

Council - Moreton Bay Regional Council

Cheers.

Hi, they will invite you to your Ceremony via email. If you need to check if you are in their list for the next ceremony you can ring the Moreton Bay Regional Council customer service line. If you are schedule, and cannot make it, you can reschedule it and they will allocate you on the next available date. 

Hope this answers question.

46 minutes ago, Irfan sam said:

Hi,

i have just query about certificate, will post man will drop into letter box or will be handed over by knocking door? Please advice if anyone knows or recently recieved?

Regards

Won't leave it in the letter box. The certificate is coming as Registered Letter. So they need to hand it to you or you will get a notice that it's for pickup in the post office

On 31/10/2021 at 11:44, JayKay said:

Hi all. Finally got a ceremony for Nov 12. Exactly 3 months from Application to Ceremony! So excited to finally call myself Australian! City of Salisbury, SA

I'm in the same council as you are. would you advise how you received the inviation letter of ceremony?  by post to your home address or just email?

thanks. 

11 hours ago, EricT said:

I'm in the same council as you are. would you advise how you received the inviation letter of ceremony?  by post to your home address or just email?

thanks. 

Received an email from Homeaffairs. It was also listed on the message section of immi ac

On 01/11/2021 at 17:33, kosmonaft said:

Won't leave it in the letter box. The certificate is coming as Registered Letter. So they need to hand it to you or you will get a notice that it's for pickup in the post office

Mine they left in letter box. No call or dial. Hope yo are asking about Citizenship certificate. 

Exactly a week. 12th October VC ceremony. 18th Oct Certificate received.

@Anyone,

I have applied  Australia passport at 19th October.  Still not received. They have mentioned you will get it with in 2-3 weeks. But people who applied couple of months for them they got less than two weeks. Any one applied passport in October?