AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 09/10/2021 at 04:16, microstarba said:

Hi all hope everyone is safe. I'm new here and waiting for my application to be processed (based in Melbourne VIC) and I think it should be coming in the next 1-2 months. So I've got a question: Do you get an email notification / message in your immi account, OR do you get a phone call that you are supposed to pick up? I usually don't pick up strange numbers hence the question.

Thanks all,

Cheers,

Can I please ask when did you submit your application?  I thought the process is on hold at the momnet

1 hour ago, MelbourneBrit said:

Hi all, 

I saw today that 75% of citizenship applications are now being processed in 9 months. 

I applied back in January 2021 in Melbourne and am keen to seek an update from the Department as to the status of my application.

Does anyone have the correct email address for contacting the Department?

Thanks in advance.

Please keep us updated. I'm in a similar situation - submitted mine in Feb 2021 in Vic and still waiting...

Hello Everyone, 

I am in Central Coast, NSW

Here's my husband & myself timeline;

Applied Citizenship - 10-Sep-2020

Interview - 20-April -2021

Approved - mine same ( 20- April-2021) & husband ( 20-May-2021)

Ceremony - 18- Oct-2021 ( Virtual one)😀😀

Our local council connected as last week to arrange virtual ceremony.

So awaited moment finally comes here.

If anyone have question happy to assist you. Good Luck !!!!

• Congratulations 2

I am officially an Australian!

Had my virtual ceremony yesterday - such a relief to finally be at the end of the visa odyssey. Thanks to everyone on here over the past couple of years - it's such a faceless system that it was really great to have some company along the journey 🇦🇺 🎉

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

Hi , 

I am just wondering, I checked my Immi account its still on Approved status even after virtual ceremony conducted by local Council on 18th of October.

Just curious, any idea when.  I believe virtual ceremony is quote different then actual one and certificates will be here with 3 weeks.

Hey @Deep88, mine is the very same but I wouldn't stress about it. They did say on the virtual ceremony that it would be 3-4 weeks before we get the certificate, and I believe the council needs to contact the council to confirm you had your ceremony etc. so I'm not expecting an immediate change 🙂 I think it'll probably change when they actually process the certificate. 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2021 at 17:00, SydLad said:

Hi All, received my citizenship certificate today after 1 week waiting (including weekend) when my application has been finalised.

Applied passport on the same day, I did it online and my citizenship certificate also been verified in the system.

Good luck everyone.

Hi Friend,

How long it took to receive the passport? 

Hello 

anyone in Sydney cbd waiting for ceremony?

our was approved on the 3rd of May (but my husband immi account didn’t change yet,but our immigration agent send me a paper where it’s said it’s was approved)do I need to worry?

On 18/10/2021 at 20:39, Gills1987 said:

Hi all,

I’m in Ballarat (vic), applied 20 September 2020, not heard anything at all yet, anyone similar? Assuming the backlog in VIC is huge given lockdowns etc.

Thanks

In the same boat. I am in metro Melbourne. Applied Sep 2020 and waiting 😞

Hello everyone Just quick question I got my ceremony invitation. I’m currently Western Australia, here to visit my extended family  and a trip to and fro from queensland will also affect me financially ( with the 14 day quarantine requirement) any chance will immigration give me online ceremony. Which will save me from emotional and financial stress.

3 hours ago, Kkk7 said:

Hello everyone Just quick question I got my ceremony invitation. I’m currently Western Australia, here to visit my extended family  and a trip to and fro from queensland will also affect me financially ( with the 14 day quarantine requirement) any chance will immigration give me online ceremony. Which will save me from emotional and financial stress.

Better contact with provided email address, describing your situation

1 hour ago, Success21 said:

Hi All

Is there anyone knows do Brisbane City Council conducts Virtual Ceremony?

My application approved in March 2021 and still waiting for ceremony

I haven't heard of any virtual ceremony in Brisbane. My application was approved in January 2021 and only had the ceremony last week, 18th October. So hang in there. Yours will be soon hopefully..

4 hours ago, Success21 said:

Hi All

Is there anyone knows do Brisbane City Council conducts Virtual Ceremony?

My application approved in March 2021 and still waiting for ceremony

Your ceremony will be on 26/1/2022. You will get invitation in the first week of January 2022.

On 25/10/2021 at 20:45, Oshan said:

In the same boat. I am in metro Melbourne. Applied Sep 2020 and waiting 😞

On 18/10/2021 at 20:39, Gills1987 said:

Hi all,

I’m in Ballarat (vic), applied 20 September 2020, not heard anything at all yet, anyone similar? Assuming the backlog in VIC is huge given lockdowns etc.

Thanks

@Oshan @Gills1987  I applied from a LR country in late Sep 2020 in Melbourne Metro too. Had no comms yet. Let's keep each other posted.

Hi guys, 

I applied mine and my wife’s citizenship on 15th of April this year in parramatta office. And I haven’t heard anything yet. Problem is my wife’s overseas passport is expiring January next year. Does she need to have valid passport to attend the test and interview? Or ceremony?

thanks guys.