AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Thought I started a new thread for the citizenship application submitted in 2020.

Applied Citizenship  25/03/2020 (myself and dependent child)

Current citizenship    New Zealand

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Cheers and god speed. 

• Like 1

Applied Citizenship  26/03/2020 (myself and husband)

Current citizenship    bRazil

On 28/03/2020 at 09:27, 04April2017DE said:

Thought I started a new thread for the citizenship application submitted in 2020.

Cheers and god speed. 

Local Council             City of Sydney

Godspeed and cheers!

Hi, I applied my citizen application online today. I attached one documents at once. For a example for identity docs, attached passport and evidence of address, attached driving licence but driving licence is also an identity docs. Have you all.done the same way???

Heres my timeline, not expecting ceremony for a while!

Arrived 06.09.2015 (457) from UK

PR (186DE) approved 02.02.2018

Applied Citizenship  06.09.2019

Invitation                    04.03.2020

Test Date                   08.03.2020 (rescheduled from May)

Approval                    08.03.2020

Ceremony                  TBA

Northern Beaches Council, NSW

On 02/04/2020 at 16:06, Hesh said:

Hi, I applied my citizen application online today. I attached one documents at once. For a example for identity docs, attached passport and evidence of address, attached driving licence but driving licence is also an identity docs. Have you all.done the same way???

Yes, sounds similar. I don't think the system is 100% user friendly. But just do what you asked I suppose. What I find difficult is that it asks me for endorsed passport size photo for an identity form. Didn't ask me to fill the form but asked me for photo. There are multiple photos in passport and drivers licence already. 

On 03/03/2020 at 09:37,  GUS said: 

Hey mate.... Im also on the Sunny Coast.

Me and my partner applied in April/2019 and we haven't received anything yet. =(

Any news yet @GUS?
Or anyone else moving forward with their applications on the Sunny Coast? 
We applied 17th December 2019 and heard nothing since. 

15 hours ago, Csc1980 said:

Hi Raspuss,

Can you share your timeline please? Thanks

Hi mate,

Applied 12th December

Invitation for test 24th Feb

Test date 13 th May

Got rescheduled to 23rd March

Passed test 100%

Bcoz I leaved in NZ for 2 years, they asked me to fill a form to authorize police check.

I hope this must have taken a week.

Got approved on April 9th mate.

Now wait for ceremony mate.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Congratulations on your citizenship applications! 🇦🇺

We are due to apply in August and I was going to start planning and getting our documents together now.

Would anyone be able to advise on what we will need, I've heard a 10 year historic travel list, passport and I'm not entirely sure on what else?

Maybe someone has a checklist handy? No worries if not 😎 

Also does any one have any hand hints/ tips on making this as painless as possible?! 🤷‍♀️

Also I'm presuming everything has to be signed by a JP?

Good luck on your applications! I hope they are speedy!

Take care 🌞

I'm in shock. Applied on 19 April 2020 for me, husband and 17 year old son. Checked last night and son's application had already been approved - in a month! It's great as he is due to go to uni next year, so if he gets citizenship in time he will have access to loans for tuition.

Had to spend time today trying to make it known that he doesn't have to wait for his parents' applications to be approved to go to a ceremony as that could mean quite a delay. Hoping he can get his soon. 

Does anybody know if interviews and tests are happening at all?

Timeline....

Arrived 03/16  from UK (457)

PR approved 08/16

Applied Citizenship  19/04/2020

Invitation                   

Test Date                 

Approval                   for 17 year old son 18/05/2020, parents still waiting on invitation etc.

Ceremony                 

Melbourne - City

On 18/05/2020 at 16:09, jadee said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations on your citizenship applications! 🇦🇺

We are due to apply in August and I was going to start planning and getting our documents together now.

Would anyone be able to advise on what we will need, I've heard a 10 year historic travel list, passport and I'm not entirely sure on what else?

Maybe someone has a checklist handy? No worries if not 😎 

Also does any one have any hand hints/ tips on making this as painless as possible?! 🤷‍♀️

Also I'm presuming everything has to be signed by a JP?

Good luck on your applications! I hope they are speedy!

Take care 🌞

Nothing needs signing by a JP.  Colour scans of the original documents need to be uploaded.  There is an ID form which needs to be signed by an Australian citizen who has known you for a year, they need to be in an approved occupation.  This too needs to be scanned and uploaded.  Documents, passports, ID (similar to rental ) birth certificates.... nothing too onerous.  The hardest bit is the travel.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Nothing needs signing by a JP.  Colour scans of the original documents need to be uploaded.  There is an ID form which needs to be signed by an Australian citizen who has known you for a year, they need to be in an approved occupation.  This too needs to be scanned and uploaded.  Documents, passports, ID (similar to rental ) birth certificates.... nothing too onerous.  The hardest bit is the travel.

When I did mine online, the site only asked me to provided a signed front and back passport photo by an Australian Citizen, rather than the entire ID form. Not sure if anyone has smiliar experience? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

I'm in shock. Applied on 19 April 2020 for me, husband and 17 year old son. Checked last night and son's application had already been approved - in a month! It's great as he is due to go to uni next year, so if he gets citizenship in time he will have access to loans for tuition.

Had to spend time today trying to make it known that he doesn't have to wait for his parents' applications to be approved to go to a ceremony as that could mean quite a delay. Hoping he can get his soon. 

Does anybody know if interviews and tests are happening at all?

Timeline....

Arrived 03/16  from UK (457)

PR approved 08/16

Applied Citizenship  19/04/2020

Invitation                   

Test Date                 

Approval                   for 17 year old son 18/05/2020, parents still waiting on invitation etc.

Ceremony                 

Melbourne - City

Congrats. As your son's application is separate one, I don't think he has to wait until your application is approved. 

That is so fast by the way. Very lucky.

Hi guys, I have applied my citizenship in July 2018 and my application got approved in december 2019 and my ceremony was cancelled in march 2020 due to covid-19. How long usually it takes to get virtual ceremony or is there any process ?

Thanks 

Just trying to fill in our online  citizenship application form for the over sixties.

Apparently we have to fill in every country we have visited since age 18!!!! Have rung them up to check this.

Its a joke, 60 years of travel, we could fill a book. I am an ex air hostess worked in  UK and Zambia, husband Air Force and commercial pilot till he retired. Not many places we haven’t visited 

Might have to attach 500 pages, ok might be exaggerating, but would love to see the reaction .

Has anyone else been stumped by this. Don’t know how they think us oldies can remember before yesterday !!!?

11 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

I called up when I got to this one - did our applications online. They said to just do for the last 10 years (which apparently is what the paper application asks for). Maybe give them a call and clarify like I did? 

We had just rung them as noticed the difference between the online asking from 18 years old and paper application only last 10 years required. The  person on the phone didn’t know, apparently went to ask supervisor for the answer as to why the difference and were told have to fill in from age 18.  My husband had already decided will only  do 10 years worth. Typical incompetent government department, 

Will post if refused!

Thank you for your reply

Edited by ramot

Hi everyone! Thank you for your reply replies! 🇦🇺

We are due to apply in August - does anybody know if we can open up the applications online prior to this date- to start "front loading"  I think they call it? i.e. Make a start on uploading all the relevant documents? Then being in a position to simply press the apply button when eligible in August?

We are trying to make good use of our time in lock down 😀 

Good luck on your applications! 

Take care 🌞

5 hours ago, jadee said:

Hi everyone! Thank you for your reply replies! 🇦🇺

We are due to apply in August - does anybody know if we can open up the applications online prior to this date- to start "front loading"  I think they call it? i.e. Make a start on uploading all the relevant documents? Then being in a position to simply press the apply button when eligible in August?

We are trying to make good use of our time in lock down 😀 

Good luck on your applications! 

Take care 🌞

Unfortunately it appears that the immi system is smart enough to now allow people to front load. Reason being is that if the residence period of 4 years is not met, the application simply cannot be proceed further to the document updalod stage. So have to wait till the day that you been here for 4 years, not a single day less.

I had the same idea before and tried to front load but only so much info you can fill. So speaking of experience prepare the documents and as soon as the day comes, do them in one go. 

Hope it helps. Cheers.

• Like 1