You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

starlight7

Positive things about now

Aww- we resisted it for years and years but when we finally did it we really loved it. Not now though, too much bad publicity.

There was heaps of toilet paper in the supermarket this morning.

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

The runs on the product are over???

Plenty in the Coles here but none in Woolworths.  Also tried everywhere for liquid hand soap.  Shelves bare in both Coles and Woolworths, all the chemists including Priceline and also Kmart  -  shelves are bare.  Even tried the Reject Shop not one of them has the hand soap.  You know the stuff I mean.  I have some spare and I've given a couple to my neighbour.  The stores haven't had any for nearly two weeks.  🤯  Will have to resort to the good old bar of soap instead.

soap.jpg

I put fancy soap bars in my drawers and cupboards because they make your clothes smell nice and maybe deter moths. I have been using them because I prefer solid soap in the shower.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

I put fancy soap bars in my drawers and cupboards because they make your clothes smell nice and maybe deter moths. I have been using them because I prefer solid soap in the shower.

Yes I do the same but I much prefer squirty hand soap in the kitchen and on the bathroom sink but needs must if I can't find any.  Back to using a bar of soap again.

Received my $750 ESP payment about 30 mins ago.  No complaints 

• Like 2

On 27/03/2020 at 08:52, starlight7 said:

This virus is terrible but there are one or two positives if you don't actually catch it

1.  It brings families closer

2. It makes you calm down and stop rushing around from one event to another.

3. The house looks tidier

4. Lots of home cooking, soups etc

5. The garden looks better

6. You don't have to bother with fancy clothes, makeup etc.

7. You go back to making things, crafts, reading etc

I know there are plenty of really bad negatives but even the politicians seem more united over this. Except Donald of course and we are all seeing the results of how he is handling things.

In the u.k 

Cleaner air 

More bees 

More butterflies

Very Noticeable 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Feel very happy today because we finally cleared a large thin awkward part  of garden between our house and the neighbours which was full of weeds, nasty shrubs and ivy. We are going to put veggies there because it catches the sun but we will have to cover it with a net because of the beasts. Back aches but it is worth the pain. If we hadn't been stuck at home we would never have attempted it.

• Like 4

you know you've reached the peak in life when you get excited to buy some decent air freshener and cleaning products 🤣 

• Haha 3

This virus is terrible but there are one or two positives if you don't actually catch it

I know there are plenty of really bad negatives but even the politicians seem more united over this. Except Donald of course and we are all seeing the results of how he is handling things.

Being on lockdown one would think you would the weight would pile on.  The thing is with me I lost a stone in weight when i was ill and i've kept most of it off and working out every day.  Just 15 mins on the running (walking) machine at 4mph (brisk walk) with 1.5kg weights alternating 1min curls and 1 min jabbing.  I also saw the checkout girl at M&S food check me out yesterday.

LF1KpSAJgzEwSi8PNdadqheX8kAnEZNyTlGKA5oUVp6CdkO-6olGCP_qSFg4W3b7j-976QcXptPBLHOR7nsa2utUWKKPABh9i3eUzhWd6iLuzbLvZlelOIkL9W3Oj1m8ZXGLogiAXjWg1bHl3bzr5prLG2bm_Y-xOeJ7qUj6k-s0j4LDElcqP1O_9AGxfzzSKch31jWGW91vDS1-QsruLS8JCNgbjqaSj_eSeMFYLSBaLoVur5Dj5cYTeDfShzx3v3hOzwfPN5LwhAy5RKwpa_I1xS9rgTnva3v4HcqviKnevcI6GiXj3gbsnVpkKlVm1hOOaSsHZmwJ8EE0RJbyBGfhyXK68EQ_G2RZoMueCjifXluzPBNgfCQ98sxRVGrtzngV49N2XjTUNqpe16x2yeNuVTP7_QBxTIVlBP7U4XaCAlDgb9Yj-8dRA7AgPxXOSb7pt8kSnzTFTUKRSEUg51sLaATP_OySkxeCuqM0AqU_JkZvQFzOtPUYWzCMPdxSc-cGaoaYpnDfgHJwj6XTELU4ti2INqov6huxSR0MWpFYjWY8g2aPBxz-jvEmPNp4CDx_6rXC5V6bruiJk48VIZII148mQKPwDbtOk5ORB9A3zXJ0rEttZ6Doo5jvEHSn1fTTCcQ73QDUNO6knKmm_UgqLpFwctvPjcmvwBKi7E-uzA01Dh7mbSWR4A8yvg=w693-h924-no

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Congratulations 2

Loving it - weather has been great 

The wildlife is in full flow 

The heron has been back and forth onto the communal pond 

We even have a communal quiz night tomorrow 

Few beers - fish and chips delivered

Daughter is working from home 

Great times - just missing my booked trips to devon - london and cornwall 

And europe looks off the agenda for a while 😒

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 19/04/2020 at 09:41, simmo said:

Being on lockdown one would think you would the weight would pile on.  The thing is with me I lost a stone in weight when i was ill and i've kept most of it off and working out every day.  Just 15 mins on the running (walking) machine at 4mph (brisk walk) with 1.5kg weights alternating 1min curls and 1 min jabbing.  I also saw the checkout girl at M&S food check me out yesterday.

LF1KpSAJgzEwSi8PNdadqheX8kAnEZNyTlGKA5oUVp6CdkO-6olGCP_qSFg4W3b7j-976QcXptPBLHOR7nsa2utUWKKPABh9i3eUzhWd6iLuzbLvZlelOIkL9W3Oj1m8ZXGLogiAXjWg1bHl3bzr5prLG2bm_Y-xOeJ7qUj6k-s0j4LDElcqP1O_9AGxfzzSKch31jWGW91vDS1-QsruLS8JCNgbjqaSj_eSeMFYLSBaLoVur5Dj5cYTeDfShzx3v3hOzwfPN5LwhAy5RKwpa_I1xS9rgTnva3v4HcqviKnevcI6GiXj3gbsnVpkKlVm1hOOaSsHZmwJ8EE0RJbyBGfhyXK68EQ_G2RZoMueCjifXluzPBNgfCQ98sxRVGrtzngV49N2XjTUNqpe16x2yeNuVTP7_QBxTIVlBP7U4XaCAlDgb9Yj-8dRA7AgPxXOSb7pt8kSnzTFTUKRSEUg51sLaATP_OySkxeCuqM0AqU_JkZvQFzOtPUYWzCMPdxSc-cGaoaYpnDfgHJwj6XTELU4ti2INqov6huxSR0MWpFYjWY8g2aPBxz-jvEmPNp4CDx_6rXC5V6bruiJk48VIZII148mQKPwDbtOk5ORB9A3zXJ0rEttZ6Doo5jvEHSn1fTTCcQ73QDUNO6knKmm_UgqLpFwctvPjcmvwBKi7E-uzA01Dh7mbSWR4A8yvg=w693-h924-no

Just the one checkout girl? Bet they were all looking, she just wasn’t being as discreet  😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/04/2020 at 21:21, Toots said:

Yes I do the same but I much prefer squirty hand soap in the kitchen and on the bathroom sink but needs must if I can't find any.  Back to using a bar of soap again.

Me too, and there's been none in Coles or Woollies here either. There's still a shortage of cleaning products and no disposable gloves at all.   Luckily, we have a little independent supermarket in our apartment block (which I usually avoid as they're expensive) and I discovered they've got plenty.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Drove to the Southern Highlands and back today.  Pretty much like England but greener.  Could live there, but it’s hellish expensive for property  

• Like 1

New South? It is a beautiful place- surprised it is that expensive though, times have changed.

7 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

New South? It is a beautiful place- surprised it is that expensive though, times have changed.

Southern Highlands, mega rich playground.  Dear as poison 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Drove to the Southern Highlands and back today.  Pretty much like England but greener.  Could live there, but it’s hellish expensive for property  

All that area is very nice.  Berrima, Bowral, Mossvale and Robertson I could easily live happily in.  As you say though, a bit pricey.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

All that area is very nice.  Berrima, Bowral, Mossvale and Robertson I could easily live happily in.  As you say though, a bit pricey.

More than a bit!  And don’t forget Exeter and Bundanoon 

• Like 1