You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi

Can anyone give me some advice or feedback on IELTS please. I want this to help with a visa application.

Thanks in advance.

Al

Have a look online at some practice questions so at least you know what your dealing with.

Also in the speaking part make sure that you go over the top with your answers as if you dont day much they will mark you down.

Also be aware that it's going to be months before you can take it as all IELTS testing is on pause due to CV19

35 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Have a look online at some practice questions so at least you know what your dealing with.

Also in the speaking part make sure that you go over the top with your answers as if you dont day much they will mark you down.

Thanks Lavers.

Do you know if there is anywhere I can get practise questions?

Thanks

Al

34 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Also be aware that it's going to be months before you can take it as all IELTS testing is on pause due to CV19

Hi Ausvisitor

That's not an issue. I just want to make sure I have understand what's needed of me when everything is all up and running again. I will have a look to see if there is anywhere I can get some practise questions from to make sure I am up to speed.

Cheers

Al

I think theres some on the IELTS website Alan, if not just google it I managed to find a few.

Listening is just a tape recording which you listen to, it doesnt stop so you need to keep up with it. You just find the answers from listening.

Reading you have questions to answer regarding what is wrote in front of you.

Writing is probably the hardest as it depends what question they ask you on the day. In my 1st exam it was about ways to restrict speeds in a car, the 2nd exam was why reading fantasy books with kids wasnt good and you should only read educational things with them.

Speaking the examiner will ask you questions on things so just make sure that you go over the top with the answers, then they ask you a question about something and you have to speak about it for a minute. Sounds easy but the time can play on your mind. 

If you aren't set on a specific test also have a look at PTE tests. Many people think these are easier to get over the superior threshold with.

I think ultimately they are both as hard/easy as each other - it's just a personal learning style thing

2 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

If you aren't set on a specific test also have a look at PTE tests. Many people think these are easier to get over the superior threshold with.

I think ultimately they are both as hard/easy as each other - it's just a personal learning style thing

Perfect. Thanks for the advice. I only know about IELTS as that's what was on the points calculator for the visa.

Regards

Al