High blood pressure- stress!!!

sskw

Hi everyone,

my partner just did his medical check. Blood pressure is 160. The doctor say is high then asked him to wait and check his urine and blood and say it fines. He said it will depends on the medical officer of Australia. Question: will he be asked for further test, will that be a cardiologist? Also the medical centre he went will be closing for two weeks due to coronavirus. I’m just worried that the Center might not be open after two weeks if situation get worst. I’m just a bit of panic that he will fail his medical because of the high BP. The doctor that did the test has suggested him to see a doctor and go under meds. I’m really worried 😟 he never knew his blood pressure is this high until now. 
Country- bangladesh. 

Manu thanks for the reply. 

6 hours ago, sskw said:

Hi everyone,

my partner just did his medical check. Blood pressure is 160. The doctor say is high then asked him to wait and check his urine and blood and say it fines. He said it will depends on the medical officer of Australia. Question: will he be asked for further test, will that be a cardiologist? Also the medical centre he went will be closing for two weeks due to coronavirus. I’m just worried that the Center might not be open after two weeks if situation get worst. I’m just a bit of panic that he will fail his medical because of the high BP. The doctor that did the test has suggested him to see a doctor and go under meds. I’m really worried 😟 he never knew his blood pressure is this high until now. 
Country- bangladesh. 

Manu thanks for the reply. 

A friend had high blood pressure (lots of stress/loss of a parent), she was asked to see a cardiologist - had a stress test and echocardiogram - all ok and got her visa.  She did pay private to get the report done more quickly.

People rarely know they have high blood pressure until it is found during a medical check up. It’s known as the silent killer because there are no symptoms. What Parley says is very true,  there is something known as white coat syndrome and people can have really elevated readings simply because they are nervous when the doctor takes it. That said, your partner could genuinely have it and will need to get it under control. The good news is there are many excellent medications out there that do that job very well as LouDYorkie says. There’s an argument that if you have it and take meds that keep it at good levels, you are in a better position than many out there that are walking about with a time bomb having no idea they’re pressure is sky high.   Sometimes it’s high because of other underlying issues so it will need to be looked into further but if it is just a case of managing with meds it shouldn’t be a problem. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Thank you. Just worry that they will ask for further test especially at this moment, clinic are closing due to covid19.

If it is high they will very likely want to know the cause, or at least that it is under control. Best to go to the doctors, if they prescribe pills and the BP normalises then the next visit for the visa medical may just be a tick in a box.
You have to address it.
Yes, you may be delayed if they close due to Covid-19, but this is potentially a medical issue that needs addressing anyway, regardless of a visa!!

• 1 month later...