482 medium skills shortage - covid19 help

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Myself and my partner are on a 482 medium skills shortage visa for 4 years. My question is does anyone have any idea if we will receive any government support if we are laid off from our jobs? The usual stance is that we are not eligible for centrelink support but I can’t find any information on if there are any changes to this due to the Coronavirus situation. 

Thank you 

I'm investigation whether laid off sponsored staff will be able to access some of their Superannuation like Australians who have lost their jobs. It appears they may meet the latest requirements. See here for the Government fact sheet.

Early release of superannuation

The Government will allow individuals in financial stress as a result of the Coronavirus to access up to $10,000 of their superannuation in 2019-20 and a further $10,000 in 2020-21.

Eligible individuals will be able to apply online through myGov for access of up to $10,000 of their superannuation before 1 July 2020. They will also be able to access up to a further $10,000 from 1 July 2020 for another three months. They will not need to pay tax on amounts released and the money they withdraw will not affect Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs payments.