and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Day to Day Diary of Coronavirus/Covid-19 2020

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

Is cabin fever starting to set in for anyone yet

Im enjoying our daily exercise.....I think once this all comes to an end we will have a nation full of either overweight people or mega fit athletes......my boys are going a bit stir crazy after a week of being locked in apart from a bit of exercise.....my eldest even tried to suggest to us today that he may go an meet his mates.....we told him in no uncertain terms that, that would not be happening.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I felt a lot better today, I started taking one of my other tablets I’d tried to wean off for my heart.  Went out in the wheelchair and out of 40 acres managed to drive my wheelchair in to a hole that my son had randomly dug and nearly tipped it lol. 

Not a bit of it @The Pom QueenI can go fishing as I know there is no one else stupid enough to get out to my fishing possy.

P1060805.JPG.730ea99dba96f178e43696522dfcc98d.JPG

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wife and I off to play a bit of golf this morning.......before that is locked down.  We won’t be near anyone else.

The clubhouse is itself closed and some modifications have been made with noodles in the holes so that you no longer touch the flag, no rakes in bunkers etc.

It is noticeable that all the older members are very strictly adhering to distancing.  Some of the younger blokes still not taking this seriously.

Our local village FB page has the last two nights referenced people having house parties in their street with several cars, music etc.  Overwhelmed with responses to call the police, so they did and the police were out there fast.  The messaging and the news is just not resonating with everyone but 90% of folk are on board.

• Like 3

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

I went for a two hour walk this morning. We are only allowed out once a day for exercise so I made the most of it. Plenty of lovely places to walk where I live. 

4C92086C-931E-42AA-B4D9-29142F64DABC.jpeg

D9029C85-A597-46EA-8ED1-EF841F3F39FF.jpeg

2F9C78CA-A4F1-43BB-BA21-B3EAC10D2CE6.jpeg

03F3FAFB-08D3-4B05-A236-2757AB9DD2CD.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’m looking forward to getting out after my 2 week self isolation. One week to go. Not to see people but to go for a nice long walk. I know every little plant in our garden just now, even every weed. My daughter tells me lots of people are buying dogs,cats etc. I only hope they will continue to look after them properly when things get better. A worry .

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I felt a lot better today, I started taking one of my other tablets I’d tried to wean off for my heart.  Went out in the wheelchair and out of 40 acres managed to drive my wheelchair in to a hole that my son had randomly dug and nearly tipped it lol. 

We currently escape to the horse agistment in NSW, somewhat akin to a country club, but I think the border will be closed soon which could be a problem re feed etc. 

• Sad 1

Oh @Tulip1 you've made me homesick!!!! That's what I've been used to but we are 2 days away from completing our mandatory isolation and I've had to walk in the living room - is just not the same and even when I'm let out it won't be like that!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Oh @Tulip1 you've made me homesick!!!! That's what I've been used to but we are 2 days away from completing our mandatory isolation and I've had to walk in the living room - is just not the same and even when I'm let out it won't be like that!!!

Plenty of empty fields in Australia if that is what you like.

We even have cows too.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

We even have cows too.

Not in Canberra.  I have been tempted by Gippy on occasion though.

54 minutes ago, Quoll said:

You really need to get out more.  A 4WD really helps too 

59 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Gippsland is lovely and green

I want it all, and I want it now.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Parley said:

We even have cows too.

Photo from yesterday, the hinterland from the Sunshine Coast.i did set off a stampede though, was  relieved the farmer wasn’t around

33888ACC-AF6F-4D84-9B26-F6E564EC6E89.jpeg

Edited by ramot
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Wife and I off to play a bit of golf this morning.......before that is locked down.  We won’t be near anyone else.

The clubhouse is itself closed and some modifications have been made with noodles in the holes so that you no longer touch the flag, no rakes in bunkers etc.

It is noticeable that all the older members are very strictly adhering to distancing.  Some of the younger blokes still not taking this seriously.

Our local village FB page has the last two nights referenced people having house parties in their street with several cars, music etc.  Overwhelmed with responses to call the police, so they did and the police were out there fast.  The messaging and the news is just not resonating with everyone but 90% of folk are on board.

Buckle up and prepare for the long haul.....if Australia is anything like the UK and from what I have been reading it is you should keep a close eye on what we are doing because I think you are about 10 days to 2 weeks behind us.....according to Government reports we will be looking at May/June before any restrictions are lifted at best......13 weeks is what they are quoting as a period long enough to get infections at a peak then back down again and under control.....we are currently still having infections from 2 weeks ago come to light......

Germany has about 55000 infections and about 500 deaths.....they are testing far more than us.....currently we are on 18000 with over 1000 deaths......if you apply Germany to us we must have at the very least 100,000 to 120,000 infections and those are the ones we know about.......this has a long long way to go before there are any improvements in infections......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52082781

Edited by kungfustu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Buckle up and prepare for the long haul.....if Australia is anything like the UK and from what I have been reading it is you should keep a close eye on what we are doing because I think you are about 10 days to 2 weeks behind us.....according to Government reports we will be looking at May/June before any restrictions are lifted at best......13 weeks is what they are quoting as a period long enough to get infections at a peak then back down again and under control.

From what people are saying in Australia, 13 weeks is very optimistic indeed.   Some experts are saying we're going to need to have some restrictions in place until a vaccine is available, which is 12-18 months. 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

23 hours ago, Bobj said:

Not a bit of it @The Pom QueenI can go fishing as I know there is no one else stupid enough to get out to my fishing possy.

P1060805.JPG.730ea99dba96f178e43696522dfcc98d.JPG

Cheers, Bobj.

Perfect

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

13 hours ago, Bulya said:

You really need to get out more.  A 4WD really helps too 

I hate the “bush” with a passion and you’d have to go a long way to find nice green fields and leafy lanes around here though it’s a lot greener than it was in January. Got a 4wd, doesn’t help much. 

• Sad 1

I was a rebel today. We were all feeling down especially my youngest son, so we got in the car and went for a drive in Ravensbourne National Park. We saw two other people that’s all and that was when we came our. The roads were dead. 

4E27FBD1-70A2-45A7-A0D7-D6F449C2D778.jpeg

E29542E2-D0C3-432D-B841-11BA9BE64F6E.jpeg

216BD447-0E23-4901-A4B0-229C8845E5FE.jpeg

2B3D5553-FB03-48B8-978A-75D98FE5CBDD.jpeg

5DB51F5D-CECD-4F27-B1AE-DEDF83C6712C.jpeg

19B2AD0F-31BB-4467-BEE9-F05776885CEB.jpeg95F2A073-C5B1-4226-B47C-5786AF9F2C4A.jpeg2F3C790C-8597-4EE8-8962-213CBD8194B7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

I was a rebel today. We were all feeling down especially my youngest son, so we got in the car and went for a drive in Ravensbourne National Park. We saw two other people that’s all and that was when we came our. The roads were dead. 

4E27FBD1-70A2-45A7-A0D7-D6F449C2D778.jpeg

E29542E2-D0C3-432D-B841-11BA9BE64F6E.jpeg

216BD447-0E23-4901-A4B0-229C8845E5FE.jpeg

2B3D5553-FB03-48B8-978A-75D98FE5CBDD.jpeg

5DB51F5D-CECD-4F27-B1AE-DEDF83C6712C.jpeg

19B2AD0F-31BB-4467-BEE9-F05776885CEB.jpeg95F2A073-C5B1-4226-B47C-5786AF9F2C4A.jpeg2F3C790C-8597-4EE8-8962-213CBD8194B7.jpeg

I love your dogs ears, he could take off with them. Such a gorgeous dog.

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Quoll said:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I hope you enjoy your freedom when you are let out feel soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quoll said:

I hate the “bush” with a passion and you’d have to go a long way to find nice green fields and leafy lanes around here though it’s a lot greener than it was in January. Got a 4wd, doesn’t help much. 

Southern Higlands has as much of that as one could want.  Exeter, Robertson, Bowral, Mittagong, Bundanoon etc.  heck even take the drive to Piccadilly Circus etc.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Southern Higlands has as much of that as one could want.  Exeter, Robertson, Bowral, Mittagong, Bundanoon etc.  heck even take the drive to Piccadilly Circus etc.   

Yeah, just right for my daily walk!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bulya said:

Yes indeed. I love Exeter in particular. Its stunning.

• Like 1