You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Day to Day Diary of Coronavirus/Covid-19 2020

Managed to get a game of golf today. Typical Perth autumn day, cool morning, clear blue sky, top temp of 24. Golf has been booked out since they reopened a couple of weeks ago. They're allowing 4 players now, so more places available.

Couple of coffee outlets at the beach reopening today, hopefully where my son works next week.

Camp sites and national parks reopened. Slowly getting back to "normal".

• Like 2

Victoria has no golf but plenty of coffee- most of the coffee shops are doing takeaways.About half the shops are open including the jewellers ( essential????) and clothes shops.  No one is wearing masks anymore. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have been in a stricter lockdown than other parts of Tasmania due to Burnie being a bit of a 'hotspot'.  I think on Monday it's being eased slightly which means most places will still be closed but Bunnings, Kmart and a couple of others will open.  We will still have strict social distancing rules though.

Of Tasmania's 221 confirmed coronavirus cases, 147 are in the north-west, including 12 of the 13 deaths. 

Edited by Toots
  • Like 2

QLD are relaxing some rules from this weekend due to zero cases again overnight. They have said they will review this next week after seeing how people behave. You still need to social distance, stay with your family or just you and 1 other person but more shops are open, you can now also go out on your boat or jet ski. We will be able to go 50km from home and national parks will be opened but toilets, BBQ facilites etc are still out of bounds. Lets hope people don't blow it so in another couple of weeks if cases are  still near zero we can do more again.

Cal x

• Like 2

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

QLD are relaxing some rules from this weekend due to zero cases again overnight. They have said they will review this next week after seeing how people behave. You still need to social distance, stay with your family or just you and 1 other person but more shops are open, you can now also go out on your boat or jet ski. We will be able to go 50km from home and national parks will be opened but toilets, BBQ facilites etc are still out of bounds. Lets hope people don't blow it so in another couple of weeks if cases are  still near zero we can do more again.

Cal x

I suspect it will be like letting the cork out of the bottle for many.

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Got woken up this morning to a lovely bunch of flowers from my son. It seems being in ISO has thrown his timing out because he thought it was Mother’s Day today. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

24 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Got woken up this morning to a lovely bunch of flowers from my son. It seems being in ISO has thrown his timing out because he thought it was Mother’s Day today. 

Practice run for next Sunday 

• Haha 2

On 01/05/2020 at 18:13, Gbye grey sky said:

I suspect it will be like letting the cork out of the bottle for many.

😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

😀

Couldn’t think of anything worse 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I took my son to get a Mothers Day gift 2 Fridays ago, then thought we were a week early. Got back from the beach yesterday and asked if he'd given his Mum the gift, which he promptly did. She then told us it's next week😂.

Ah well, would have been 2 weeks early if left to me. The eldest rang last week too and I'm expecting a few bottles of wine to turn up today. He thought it was yesterday too. He's in isolation in Karatha, waiting to go on a rig Wednesday so he did well to get anything. Wine is good at the moment, should be a bit better than the 3 for $10 Margaret River cleanskins we've been drinking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Couldn’t think of anything worse 

I reckon it will be great in the pub when they open again. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Trying to teach myself Instagram and YouTube for my cat videos I’ve no idea what I’m doing lol 

• Like 2

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.