On 23/03/2020 at 00:04, VERYSTORMY said:

I am feeling fine now thanks. Though finished quarantine on Thursday only to be told I am an a vulnerable group and to now isolate totally for 12 weeks. 

You are lucky they said 12 weeks, mine is until it’s over but I’m use to it, but I get cabin fever soooooo bad. I think your 12 weeks could be extended I think they just give you a guideline which is good and something the Aussie Drs seem to lack. I’m not sure if they have had law suits on them for using time frames but they always seem to change the subject. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 22/03/2020 at 17:36, Amber Snowball said:

I think the thing is as well, there is a specific way of putting PPE such as gloves and masks, on and off. If you are not aware of how to do this you are almost certainly passing infection onto your skin anyway. 
I agree, it likely gives a false sense of security and people wash their hands less than they should/would. Scarily some medical staff behave as though gloves are impenetrable and don’t wash their hands nearly enough..........maybe this outbreak will change that.
Homemade masks would assist in helping you stop touching your face as much for sure,  but again be conscious of how you remove them. 
Like VS I am expecting to be housebound for the next 3 months........ I go for a walk each day avoiding other people and then back inside. My consultant says that is allowed and encouraged! I have to attend the GP for bloods every 2 weeks due to my meds. I’m just working out how to get my meds delivered......

Surely they can arrange to have someone come to you for bloods?

My GP and Surgeon have told me to call them and use Tele health, I’ve also access to Blue Care nurses and Hospital to the Home,

I have a issue after my op a month or so back and we can’t risk me going in because I would need an ICU bed if he opens me up. So basically he is in touch with me and we are watching and waiting and praying. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

How long are the disposable masks supposed to last, I’m sure my GP said 2 hours then I needed to bin. 

5 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Surely they can arrange to have someone come to you for bloods?

My GP and Surgeon have told me to call them and use Tele health, I’ve also access to Blue Care nurses and Hospital to the Home,

I have a issue after my op a month or so back and we can’t risk me going in because I would need an ICU bed if he opens me up. So basically he is in touch with me and we are watching and waiting and praying. 

Unless they can do it through an open window I would prefer they didn’t come in the house! It’s the one place I know others don’t touch. 😂

In all seriousness I am higher risk not critical risk, a long way off of your situation my lovely lady! They keep us 2 metres apart at the GPs. I touch as little as possible and then purell like a lunatic!

In other news I got my first milk delivery and it was rather lovely,  might keep that up ongoing!

• Like 1