Any self isolated in Cairns, Queensland?

blumkina

Hi guys, me and my family are in Italy, we are healthy and we are in self isolation for a while right now. We’ve been granted with 187 visa and we were planning to move in August, but since the situation is changing very rapidly and dramatically we’re evaluating moving earlier (only in case we are still healthy). As we will need to self isolate at our arrival, my main question is if there’s home delivery organized from grocery stores and so on? Could we be really able to self isolate ourselves?

9 hours ago, blumkina said:

Hi guys, me and my family are in Italy, we are healthy and we are in self isolation for a while right now. We’ve been granted with 187 visa and we were planning to move in August, but since the situation is changing very rapidly and dramatically we’re evaluating moving earlier (only in case we are still healthy). As we will need to self isolate at our arrival, my main question is if there’s home delivery organized from grocery stores and so on? Could we be really able to self isolate ourselves?

In view of the current situation I think this may be very hard to manage and get frustrating.

We're Australian Citizens and have put off our move back,  even though we are entitled to return now if we wish. We do not have a home to self isolate in (we sold up, went travelling) and I'm not sure if any "accommodation" would really want new arrivals that have to go directly into self isolation.

We're hoping to get back soon though once the 14 day isolation directive is lifted.

• Like 1

Ordinary home deliveries are suspended temporarily because panic buying has affected stocks.  However there is a special exemption for people who need to self-isolate.  You just need to ring the number on the Coles or Woolworths website.

thanks!

There was a clip on the news a few days ago about how some airbnb hosts were catering to self isolating guests.
https://www.domain.com.au/living/what-airbnb-hosts-are-doing-to-ride-out-the-covid-19-crisis-940927/

Thank you for your answer! We do have accommodation already, I was just wondering if I will be able to manage all the primary needs while on self isolation

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, blumkina said:

Thank you for your answer! We do have accommodation already, I was just wondering if I will be able to manage all the primary needs while on self isolation

There was a segment on the radio today it said if you call 13 Health they will organise food to be delivered to your door etc. 

23 hours ago, blumkina said:

I flew back to oz last Monday after holiday overseas with friends who live in Cairns. We arrived just after they made isolation mandatory. We flew into Brisbane and weren’t sure if we would be allowed to get our connecting domestic flights. Thankfully they let us but who knows if that will change especially if you arrive from Italy. When I talked to my friends last night they said they put a priority food order in on Monday night and it’s supposed to be getting delivered tonight. That’s five days so far they had to rely on friends to bring them food. They still aren’t sure if the delivery will come tonight or how much of the stuff they asked for will come. I wouldn’t be trying to move early unless you know someone in cairns that can bring you food. I gave up trying to get a delivery where I am in nsw. We got approved for a priority food order but it got cancelled twice and so I’m just relying on my husbands family to bring food until we get out of isolation at the end of March. 

• Like 1

I flew back to oz last Monday after holiday overseas with friends who live in Cairns. We arrived just after they made isolation mandatory. We flew into Brisbane and weren’t sure if we would be allowed to get our connecting domestic flights. Thankfully they let us but who knows if that will change especially if you arrive from Italy. When I talked to my friends last night they said they put a priority food order in on Monday night and it’s supposed to be getting delivered tonight. That’s five days so far they had to rely on friends to bring them food. They still aren’t sure if the delivery will come tonight or how much of the stuff they asked for will come. I wouldn’t be trying to move early unless you know someone in cairns that can bring you food. I gave up trying to get a delivery where I am in nsw. We got approved for a priority food order but it got cancelled twice and so I’m just relying on my husbands family to bring food until we get out of isolation at the end of March. 

Thank you for your answer! It’s so confusing all this situation! We’ve got some friends over there that I’m pretty much sure I can rely on, but I really wouldn’t like to bother them. Please, keep on sharing with me some new updates guys, I really appreciate it! [emoji1320]

If you know the exact area you are going have a look at Facebook, lots of the community pages have people offering to help and posts from people needing help with deliverys.
 Cal x

that’s a great tip! though we’ll stay in a really small and pretty much touristic community, I’ll definitely give it a try! Thanks!

11 hours ago, blumkina said:

that’s a great tip! though we’ll stay in a really small and pretty much touristic community, I’ll definitely give it a try! Thanks!

They are normally the best  sort of places to pull together and help each other.

Cal x

• Like 1