Holiday visa expiry -corona lockdown

apj696

Hi just wondered if anyone had any information on the following:

I’m now a PR living in QLD, My parents are currently staying with me on holiday from the Uk on a holiday visa for 10weeks. They have flights booked to go back to the Uk on 25th April. At the moment, Emirates still have their flights as confirmed, however, if this changes and flights are cancelled, what happens about the visa ?

They would normally have to leave after 3 months to be able to come. Back in for a period of up to 12 months. If they can’t get out would there visa be extended?

I’ve tried to call all British consulates in Brisbane SYDNEY Canberra and Perth, and the phone line is dead.

Just wondered if anyone else would be in the same predicament and if they have been able to get any info?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, apj696 said:

Hi just wondered if anyone had any information on the following:

I’m now a PR living in QLD, My parents are currently staying with me on holiday from the Uk on a holiday visa for 10weeks. They have flights booked to go back to the Uk on 25th April. At the moment, Emirates still have their flights as confirmed, however, if this changes and flights are cancelled, what happens about the visa ?

They would normally have to leave after 3 months to be able to come. Back in for a period of up to 12 months. If they can’t get out would there visa be extended?

I’ve tried to call all British consulates in Brisbane SYDNEY Canberra and Perth, and the phone line is dead.

Just wondered if anyone else would be in the same predicament and if they have been able to get any info?

Thanks in advance

You'll need to contact ozzie immigration. The British Consulate cannot help with an Australian visa. 

5 hours ago, apj696 said:

Problem is you can’t get through! It just says high volume of calls please call back later.. this is day 2 of calling at random times throughout the day

I guess lots of people have similar questions, just keep trying and fingers crossed you get through at some point. Maybe next weeks some info may be released so keep an eye on the forum or maybe try calling one of the agents towards the end of next week to see if they know anything.(Quite a few reputable agents post in this section, just look at their signatures on their posts for contact info).

I would hazard a good guess if people are unable to leave the country due to the lock downs etc that immigration will be more lenient than usual if the reasons are totally out of your parents control.

If you do get through to Immigration please pop back and let us know whats said.

Good luck

Cal x