489 to 190 early

Richy12

Hi

we are on a 489 skilled visa and have completed nearly a years working and living. 
my question is, can we apply for a 190 visa early as hairdressing has come back on the skilled list for South Australia?
like starting a new visa application! 

or will we have to wait for another year to get the 2 years living?

we are happy to pay all the visa fees again if it means getting PR early  

any help would be appreciated. 

Yes, your 489 will stand. But I honestly think it is silly. First, the 489 is a provisional visa and will become permanent in a year. I can't see much if any benefit. 

Second, a 190 is state sponsored. Many states now refuse 190 applications and offer provisional. 

Third, given the current virus situation, things are going to blow out significantly. For example, Oz seems to be following the UK but is about 3-4 weeks behind in the severity. Today we went to the council in the UK to put in our documents to for our wedding booked for next month to find that this morning, the entire council has shut down for the foreseeable future other than essential services. I personally expect Oz states to start this very soon.  Processing visa applications when they will have 30% of staff off will be a very low priority. 

1.3.8 Provisional 489 or 491 visa holders are not eligible to apply for South Australian state nomination.

https://migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements

From SA state website. 

Thanks for the feedback guys!

After chatting to the wife last night I think we are just going to wait and for fill our 489 visa requirements. (Just eager to get PR)
this first year has flown and it’s just one more year and we can apply for PR. 
Just one more question if you guys don’t mind. 
does anyone know the processing time in converting your 489 to PR. 
Or is every case different?

many thanks