Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi,

We have return flights booked from Adelaide to UK in May/June,with Emirates.Is now  (19 March) the right time to contact them for redress,credit,refund.Or do we wait for official confirmation from them.Paid flights up front,Flight Centre.Also up front package hol to Majorca.Also booking . com accommodation  up front.Seems to have been a bad decision.We obviously should have left cancellation option open.Insurance not taken out till coronavirus was a known entity. Any advice please,would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check on the website.  Most airlines are not dealing with people unless they are flying in the next week or two.  We don’t fly till late April and have been told to wait for now.  The airline or booking agent will no doubt contact you, but not yet. 

  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockola57 said:

Thanks.We will wait.

We were due to fly May, we have changed the date at no cost, and can change the date again if we need to, again at no cost.

We were told that if we leave it to "wait and see" we would have to pay to change, and if we left it to the last minute, we would only get a refund if the flight was cancelled. I was not prepared to lose our money so decided to change dates now before it all gets too difficult to handle.


Left UK 1990 / WA for 28 years / UK / returning Australia as soon as the CV issue allows !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which airline. We have been told not to contact yet. 


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Which airline. We have been told not to contact yet. 

SingaporeAirlines. However, we booked through a Travel Agent as it was impossible to book through Singapore's website (tried for three days to book online !) and when I eventually got through by phone to book the flight, I was told to keep trying online !
The rules may be different by going through an agent, not sure, but as we had booked prem economy I was not prepared to wait & see and lose our money.


Left UK 1990 / WA for 28 years / UK / returning Australia as soon as the CV issue allows !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most full service carriers are being very flexible.  We had flights with Qantas booked on 5th April and got a full refund.  If you booked with Flight Centre I’d speak with them and get some general advice. I’d also check with Travel Insurance company before you do anything.  I’ve submitted a claim for flights and hotels to NY before cancelling to know if I’m covered, and ultimately Australia have put the same restrictions as USA, but the FCO hasn’t stated yet to ‘avoid’ travel which is the key.  But if they’re not granting entry I’m sure they’ll have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×