Few Questions From First-Time Traveler

Emawk

Hi, I have a few questions.

I received an email saying that visa has been granted. What does the visa look like? What do I show to the authorities? Is it the PDF file that contains the VISA grant number?

As a Canadian, is travel insurance mandatory?

I feel like I'm missing something. What could it be?

12 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Your visa grant letter will tell you if insurance is mandatory. 

I have scanned through the document, and can't seem to find were it states if insurance is mandatory. Will you be able to point me to it?

7 hours ago, Emawk said:

I received an email saying that visa has been granted. What does the visa look like? What do I show to the authorities? Is it the PDF file that contains the VISA grant number?

The only thing you might be missing is that you have a limited window to get here.  Check the paperwork to see when you must arrive by.  If you don't arrive by that date, you lose the visa. 

Other than that, you're good to go.  Your only other problem might be getting a flight to get here!

• 1 month later...

The granted visa will store in gov system so if your passport is sufficient. But just in case, print out the visa pdf and bring with you.

Insurance requirements depends on your visa type, student/working visa need you maintain insurance in Australia but visitor's not.

On 18/03/2020 at 00:11, Emawk said:

Whta visa class/subclass is it? You will not be able to enter the country at present unless its a PR visa. 

5 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Whta visa class/subclass is it? You will not be able to enter the country at present unless its a PR visa. 

Australian working holiday visa 417. You need to be a permanent resident to enter the country? 

When did the institute this rule and for how long will it be effective?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Emawk said:

Australian working holiday visa 417. You need to be a permanent resident to enter the country? 

Thanks

Since the pandemic. Australia banned none residents from entering.

How long will it last? Who knows. Nobody knows how the pandemic will play out. 

2 hours ago, Emawk said:

Thanks

No one knows how long it will last but I’d be surprised if anyone will get in this year.

9 hours ago, Emawk said:

Thanks

Oh, bad luck. I wonder why they are granting these visas, when there's no way you can get into the country?   

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Oh, bad luck. I wonder why they are granting these visas, when there's no way you can get into the country?   

I applied before sh!@t really hit the fan. Hope they open the borders before winter here in Canada.

Thanks for the update, guys. Appreciated