Guest Naval Aulakh

Well, I am a resident of Cranbourne. A few years ago, I relocated to Cranbourne from Melbourne. The first problem that I came across was that I did not get proper counseling from a good real estate agent. The purpose of a real estate agent is that he or she advises like where do you want to buy a property? How much budget do you have? But in my scenario, I wasn't even asked these types of questions. Consequently, I had to shed my hard-earned money and as a result, I had to buy a small house for a huge price.

Anybody can help me with this? I mean I do not want such scenarios to be repeated and that too with others who are genuinely looking for a permanent house for their loved ones. Please share your feedback on this.

12 minutes ago, Naval Aulakh said:

Well, I am a resident of Cranbourne. A few years ago, I relocated to Cranbourne from Melbourne. The first problem that I came across was that I did not get proper counseling from a good real estate agent. The purpose of a real estate agent is that he or she advises like where do you want to buy a property? How much budget do you have? But in my scenario, I wasn't even asked these types of questions. Consequently, I had to shed my hard-earned money and as a result, I had to buy a small house for a huge price.

Anybody can help me with this? I mean I do not want such scenarios to be repeated and that too with others who are genuinely looking for a permanent house for their loved ones. Please share your feedback on this.

The real estate agent would have thought you would have worked out your budget and how much you were prepared to spend on a house.  Their business is to sell houses.  Surely you were capable of understanding what you were getting yourself into?  Not much you can do about it now.

Real Estate agents here sell houses. They work for (and are paid by) the vendors - not the buyers. 

It's definitely not their job to counsel potential buyers about what and where to buy. You're expected to work out for yourself if you can afford a property or not.

If you wanted someone else to figure out what property you can afford and to help you get it you could have engaged a buyer's agent to help you search.

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, Naval Aulakh said:

Don’t worry Naval I lived in the area and know three excellent agents. Barry Plant,  Eview and Harcourts I’ve dealt with the directors personally.

When you get back from “India” I can put you in touch. 

12 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Don’t worry Naval I lived in the area and know three excellent agents. Barry Plant,  Eview and Harcourts I’ve dealt with the directors personally.

I had a feeling this was a troll 😬

Guest Naval Aulakh
19 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

No problem will surely get back to you.

Guest Naval Aulakh
On 17/03/2020 at 14:00, Toots said:

The real estate agent would have thought you would have worked out your budget and how much you were prepared to spend on a house.  Their business is to sell houses.  Surely you were capable of understanding what you were getting yourself into?  Not much you can do about it now.

You may be right, but I was fully prepared for this. For them, their business would be selling houses but for us, it is only about one house. We, as a buyer, have to list various options to buy some particular property. Since we have to shed our hard-earned money, for some people this would be their one-time investment. Buying property is not like buying clothes, use it and throw it, it is a damn huge investment for a longer period of time.