register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tjdownunder32

VACCU referral

Hey All 

Has anyone had experience with WHV being referred to VACCU. My partners has been referred to VACCU. I know they advice several months and I’ve read possibly every single thread online and I’ve read so many saying they take like 11 months. I fly to aus on Friday and just wondering if anyone has had a visa granted within a quick(ish) timeframe. 
He has a previous record of assault from 10 years ago and just wondering what other people’s experiences are with this process? 

TIA 🙂

2 hours ago, Tjdownunder32 said:

Hey All 

Has anyone had experience with WHV being referred to VACCU. My partners has been referred to VACCU. I know they advice several months and I’ve read possibly every single thread online and I’ve read so many saying they take like 11 months. I fly to aus on Friday and just wondering if anyone has had a visa granted within a quick(ish) timeframe. 
He has a previous record of assault from 10 years ago and just wondering what other people’s experiences are with this process? 

TIA 🙂

Be prepared to self isolate for 2 weeks.

"Under the NSW Public Health Act, anyone who enters Australia from another country will be subject to a 14-day self-isolation quarantine with fines of up to $11,000 or six months’ prison if they do not comply."

Queensland is equally as strict.  Not sure about other states.

Casual jobs for people on WHV's will be nigh on impossible to find now.

I am staying with family when I arrive for the first number of months so I have already put this in to my plan 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toots said:

Be prepared to self isolate for 2 weeks.

"Under the NSW Public Health Act, anyone who enters Australia from another country will be subject to a 14-day self-isolation quarantine with fines of up to $11,000 or six months’ prison if they do not comply."

Queensland is equally as strict.  Not sure about other states.

It applies to ALL states and territories

I would be very surprised if this is seen as a priority by the department at the moment. They have a lot going on!

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

@paulhand do you think there will be movement in processing applications that were sent to VACCU while onshore? 

I am going from 457 to 186 TRT & my application was sent to VACCU on 9th December 2019 for character assessment. I am still in australia atm.