register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ITWhiz

Moving from 457 to Employer sponsored Permanent residence

Hi,

I have been working in Australia for the past 3 years on a 457 visa. My current employer transferred the sponsorship of my 457 visa from my previous employer 12 months ago since my skill is niche. 

This 457 visa will expire in 6 months. And my current employer is contemplating the idea of employer sponsored PR. Since I have only worked for them for just a year, I suppose we will have to go for the Direct entry stream. Am I eligible for this application? What are the problems that we can face in this process? And lastly how long would the visa process take?

You and / or your employer should appoint a good migration agent. This is a visa that has a huge refusal rate. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ITWhiz said:

Since I have only worked for them for just a year, I suppose we will have to go for the Direct entry stream. Am I eligible for this application? 

There is not enough information in your post to answer your question. As a start you will need a positive skills assessment and 3 years of full time, skilled employment experience.

What are the problems that we can face in this process? 

It depends on many factors. 

And lastly how long would the visa process take?

The current published processing time is 83 days to 6 months.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."