NSW Recommendations on places to live!

scubacam

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

I lived in Sydney for 30 years and at one time, when we realised we were being priced out of the city, I suggested moving to Melbourne. My oh, who has lived in Sydney since childhood, dismissed Melbourne (as most Sydneysiders do).   To be honest, I wasn't that enthusiastic either, but considering Melbourne house prices were dramatically cheaper, i was being practical.

A few years later, circumstances landed us in Melbourne.  Now, my oh often says, "I don't know why we didn't think of moving to Melbourne sooner.  It's a great place."  .....

I worked in NSW government for 35 years across numerous agaencies and that required me to visit other states. Melbourne is OK. Friendly people and very welcoming. 

I simply prefer Sydney.

2 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

I worked in NSW government for 35 years across numerous agaencies and that required me to visit other states. Melbourne is OK. Friendly people and very welcoming. 

I simply prefer Sydney.

And that's your privilege.   Everyone is different.  My only concern with Sydney these days is that it is by far the most expensive city in Australia.   I firmly believe people need to be forewarned about that and consider whether their budget can stand it.   I have known too many  migrants come to Sydney and go home because they can't afford it, to say nothing.

Just now, Marisawright said:

And that's your privilege.   Everyone is different.  My only concern with Sydney these days is that it is by far the most expensive city in Australia.   I firmly believe people need to be forewarned about that and consider whether their budget can stand it.   I have known too many  migrants come to Sydney and go home because they can't afford it, to say nothing.

No privilege whatsoever. It entailed hard work. Hard work became its own reward. 

Loving Life in Sydney.