Primary head teacher

Arcadia53

Hi there , it’s been a while since I posted on here but am after some advice . My wife is a primary school head teacher who still is involved with teaching on an irregular basis and holds senco qualifications and mpqh which I am told is the equivalent of a masters . We have recently seen primary head teacher on the skills list and we are not sure what the next best step to take is . She filled out the eoi yesterday but are there any websites that could give us a step by step guide and are we best going through a migration agent or not. We are 40 and 41 with two children and are looking at the 190 visa if possible . 

Any advice would be appreciated .

11 hours ago, Arcadia53 said:

No none of the above yet but have contacted go Matilda who are getting back to me Monday . 

Your first stop is really to pass the skills assessment - don't apply for any visa until you have a positive result back.

14 hours ago, Arcadia53 said:

No none of the above yet but have contacted go Matilda who are getting back to me Monday . 

Make sure you tell them you have lodged an eoi with no skills assessment as it will have to be withdrawn. As if you received an invite and applied without a skills assessment or passing English language exams and have claimed points for English, then it would result in a visa refusal with loss of fee and potentially even a ban on reapplying 

15 hours ago, Arcadia53 said:

For teachers, AITSL is the best place to start to check what is required to get a positive skills assessment. It takes about 10 weeks from submission to know the outcome. Have a poke around the AITSL site and download the information pack that best suits your circumstances.

As for the State sponsored 190, check the specific state’s requirements as they differ.

https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia

Migrate to Australia

YOU ARE CURRENTLY: 
  • HOME
  •  
  • MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA

The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) provides skills assessment services to teachers who wish to migrate to Australia. A skills assessment determines suitability for school teacher occupations for Australia’s skilled migration program.

• 11 months later...
On 07/03/2020 at 15:41, Arcadia53 said:

It doesn’t seem to have head teacher on it but I definitely saw it . My wife still has regular teaching experience though 

Hi @Arcadia53, in a similar boat with both principal and teaching experience. Which route did you take? @wrussell - thanks for the input on 134311 - do head teachers / principals really get invited from offshore - without worrying about the job, but purely as a 491/190 pathway, is it worth the trouble..? Or should we just stick to teachers?

Edited by Rick2021

4 minutes ago, Arcadia53 said:

We’ve gone with a 491 as a principle . Just gathering paperwork for the skills assessment ... that’s taken us a year but we are as good as there . 

Thanks @Arcadia53, did you do with a job specialization under 1343 as ‘Primary School Principal’..? It may be worth considering if your quals and exp is in Primary.