register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

adsy

TSS transition

Hi,

I had a few questions on the TSS transition to 186 scheme, I was hoping someone may have the answer:

1) If your defacto and dependent child are also sponsored by your company, do they get transferred too?

2) If in the time that you are working on your TSS visa, your occupation drops off the Medium/long term skills list, does this mean you no longer qualify to transition?

Thanks in advance 😁

Yes your partner and children should be included in your visa application. 

Yes if your occupation drops off the list then you can’t transition to the 186

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

19 hours ago, adsy said:

2) If in the time that you are working on your TSS visa, your occupation drops off the Medium/long term skills list, does this mean you no longer qualify to transition?

It depends on your specific situation.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

On 03/03/2020 at 11:06, adsy said:

Hi,

I had a few questions on the TSS transition to 186 scheme, I was hoping someone may have the answer:

1) If your defacto and dependent child are also sponsored by your company, do they get transferred too?

Thanks in advance 😁

There was a post recently where this was the case. The OP got in touch with an agent and posted that even though his occupation was no longer on the list he could apply for the 186 TRT due to grandfathering agreements. I’d check with a registered agent depending on your occupation/situation.

As for spouse and children, yes if they are on the original TSS visa they can be included in the 186 application, but you’ll pay for each person. Once the 186 is granted each person has PR in their own right. 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

Thanks for the advice guys. I had a further question, does the 3 years rule mean 3 years working for your employer on the TSS, or does working holiday experience count towards this?

On 04/03/2020 at 07:23, Raul Senise said:

It depends on your specific situation.

What may have an effect on it? id be keen to know in case i need to push the idea of direct entry 186

15 hours ago, adsy said:

Thanks for the advice guys. I had a further question, does the 3 years rule mean 3 years working for your employer on the TSS, or does working holiday experience count towards this?

No, time on a working holiday visa does not count towards TSS.

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

15 hours ago, adsy said:

What may have an effect on it? id be keen to know in case i need to push the idea of direct entry 186

Depends if your situation falls under "Grandfathering" arrangements.

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com