TSS transition

adsy

Hi,

I had a few questions on the TSS transition to 186 scheme, I was hoping someone may have the answer:

1) If your defacto and dependent child are also sponsored by your company, do they get transferred too?

2) If in the time that you are working on your TSS visa, your occupation drops off the Medium/long term skills list, does this mean you no longer qualify to transition?

Thanks in advance 😁

On 03/03/2020 at 11:06, adsy said:

Hi,

I had a few questions on the TSS transition to 186 scheme, I was hoping someone may have the answer:

1) If your defacto and dependent child are also sponsored by your company, do they get transferred too?

2) If in the time that you are working on your TSS visa, your occupation drops off the Medium/long term skills list, does this mean you no longer qualify to transition?

Thanks in advance 😁

There was a post recently where this was the case. The OP got in touch with an agent and posted that even though his occupation was no longer on the list he could apply for the 186 TRT due to grandfathering agreements. I’d check with a registered agent depending on your occupation/situation.

As for spouse and children, yes if they are on the original TSS visa they can be included in the 186 application, but you’ll pay for each person. Once the 186 is granted each person has PR in their own right.