Partner English competency

adsy

My self and my partner have had a 189 EOI in for 2 years, I'm an auditor with 85 points so the chances are pretty slim unfortunately

After hearing nothing in all that time, out of the blue I received an email from the DOHA asking me to provide my partners passport to ensure that I qualified for the extra 5 points for her English competency.

Has anyone else had this message? I'm trying to figure out if this is just a generic request from them or if my case is finally being looked at

4 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Probably so you can add the points. Hard to know if they are actually processing it though.  Didn’t you provide the passport details as part of the original application?

I'm still at EOI stage so haven't yet been invited to apply. This request is the first time i've heard anything in two years.

Very interesting - never seen that before, but it looks to me like an automated email being sent to ensure correct points are claimed at EOI stage, rather than getting to application stage and finding the issue then.

1 hour ago, Jelly said:

Very interesting - never seen that before, but it looks to me like an automated email being sent to ensure correct points are claimed at EOI stage, rather than getting to application stage and finding the issue then.

Unfortunately that was my thinking too. I was holding out hope that they have finally decided to look into my EOI and i'd hear something soon, ahh well!

10 minutes ago, adsy said:

Unfortunately that was my thinking too. I was holding out hope that they have finally decided to look into my EOI and i'd hear something soon, ahh well!

As an aside, have you explored other visa options such as 190 or 491? (as you mentioned, a 189 invite is not likely with 85 points)

Edited by Jelly

Just now, Jelly said:

As an aside, have you explored other visa options such as 190 or 491?

190 I have applied for, again heard nothing back, i have 90 points on this and am led to believe that the Auditor points ceiling is 95, so unless anything changes im not holding out much hope.

491, i'm currently in the country on a TSS working for a firm in Sydney, so not sure this would work for me.

I think my only real option will be to transfer onto the 186 in a few years time.

7 minutes ago, adsy said:

190 I have applied for, again heard nothing back, i have 90 points on this and am led to believe that the Auditor points ceiling is 95, so unless anything changes im not holding out much hope.

491, i'm currently in the country on a TSS working for a firm in Sydney, so not sure this would work for me.

I think my only real option will be to transfer onto the 186 in a few years time.

Oh I see - I didn't realise you were in the country already. Yeah, a mate of mine has just gone this route (from 457 to 186) as an Auditor. It was his only real option.

28 minutes ago, adsy said:

How does this work? I thought you needed to do the 3 year wait per the visa instructions?

Just look at 186 direct entry. You do not have to wait, it can even be applied for before you migrate. Employers don’t tend to offer it straight away though. You will need a skill assessment but you already have one if you have lodged EOIs anyway. Talk to your employer. 

15 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Just look at 186 direct entry. You do not have to wait, it can even be applied for before you migrate. Employers don’t tend to offer it straight away though. You will need a skill assessment but you already have one if you have lodged EOIs anyway. Talk to your employer. 

Had a look last night and will definately be going back to my employer on this, thanks for the advise!