Podiatry Jobs

NicolaH0910

the biggest job site is seek.com.au But you need to check if your occupation is available for a visa and what the requirements are for it. There is no point in looking for a job if you aren't eligible for a visa. Also, looking for a job first isn't necessary the best way to go. 

On 03/03/2020 at 01:12, NicolaH0910 said:

Hi, I just wondered if there were any Podiatrists who have made the move recently? 

I'm currently working in the NHS and am just wondering what the opportunities are like in Australia?

Thanks in advance

Nicola 🙂

As long as you have the experience you should qualify for a visa ok, it seems quite a few visa options are open to you as a qualified Podiatrist. Id probably give an agent a call and have them explain the best way forward for you. I found this info on a website of an agent we used way back when we migrated- 

As the occupation features on the MLTSSL as an occupation in demand in Australia, it is possible to apply for any of the visas in the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program.

Visas in this category include the Skilled Independent 189, the Skilled Nominated 190 or the 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visas. In addition there is also the opportunity of applying for a number of employer sponsored visas if you have a firm offer of employment.

Cal x

• Like 1

Thank you for replying, it's appreciated.  I guess I was just looking to see if there are many Podiatrists that have  made the move and what the differences were between working there and here (if any).   I will keep doing my research.  Thanks again 🙂 x

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Nicola! I'm a podiatrist, and migrated here 10 years ago on a skilled independent visa. There is still demand for experienced podiatrists, especially if you're willing to live & work outside the state capitals. Most work is in the private sector, though the public system welcomes pods, especially if you've high risk experience. PM me if you want some advice or to hear about my experience.

• 4 months later...

Hi Nicola, 

I've been here for 4 years now and am a Podiatrist, Trained in Plymouth and worked in the NHS. 

I work for a high risk foot service for one of the state governments. It's pretty fab, a bit different. 

Give me a shout if you'd like any information. 🙂