how long to receive an electronic transfer from uk miners pension

ena123

this is a bit of a paranoia post  and hopefully nothing is wrong. 

my dad was meant to get his miners pension paid on friday 28/2 (obviously in british business hours) 

today 01/03 it is still not in his australian bank account. 

In these days of instant payments, we expected it to be transferred by now

Do you think something has gone wrong (wrong bank account or something similar) or is this just a normal time lag for this type of payment 

22 hours ago, ena123 said:

this is a bit of a paranoia post  and hopefully nothing is wrong. 

my dad was meant to get his miners pension paid on friday 28/2 (obviously in british business hours) 

today 01/03 it is still not in his australian bank account. 

In these days of instant payments, we expected it to be transferred by now

Do you think something has gone wrong (wrong bank account or something similar) or is this just a normal time lag for this type of payment 

That's way too early to start worrying. While instant transfers do exists (even internationally) you can't count on that method being used. Because you don't know when on the 28/2 the transfer was sent Australian banking hours may already have ended. Saturday and Sunday do not count as banking days (they can be used for instant transfers but if this transfer isn't one then they won't be used) so the next Banking day is Monday 2/3. Which is today. So please update did it arrive today?

18 hours ago, ena123 said:

just to update 

the miners pension scheme made a mistake and did not do the payment, despite sending a letter with the payment date 

we are hopefully getting confirmation of an individual payment. run soon 

I've been getting mine for a few years now and I've always found them to be very helpful and usually prompt with payments. I get a quarterly newsletter too, Christmas bonus, rises every now and then.

I did my apprenticeship with the NCB and then worked as a fitter for about 8 years. Considering what I paid in I think I get a good deal.