491..wow..Queensland are quick!

KangaKit

So submitted an EOI 2 days ago and qld have offered us an invitation to apply for state sponsorship...was not expecting that! Now I know there is still a huge amount of hurdles to go over but wanted to ask ...my English test runs out mid march..if I get an invitation from skillselect before then but I lodge application a week after let's say will it be valid or would I need to repeat?

2 hours ago, KangaKit said:

So submitted an EOI 2 days ago and qld have offered us an invitation to apply for state sponsorship...was not expecting that! Now I know there is still a huge amount of hurdles to go over but wanted to ask ...my English test runs out mid march..if I get an invitation from skillselect before then but I lodge application a week after let's say will it be valid or would I need to repeat?

The English test needs to be valid on the day you are invited to apply for your actual VISA. 

Remember though that whilst PTE technically is only valid for 2 years, AUS immigration allows them to be valid for immigration reasons for 3 years.

If you did take PTE (rather than IELTS) you should logon now and download your pass cert so you have it, as it gets much harded to retrieve after the 2 year validity expires

27 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

The English test needs to be valid on the day you are invited to apply for your actual VISA. 

Remember though that whilst PTE technically is only valid for 2 years, AUS immigration allows them to be valid for immigration reasons for 3 years.

If you did take PTE (rather than IELTS) you should logon now and download your pass cert so you have it, as it gets much harded to retrieve after the 2 year validity expires

I took the ilets..will have to see what happens then..so if invited when test valid but apply a week later that should be OK?

1 hour ago, KangaKit said:

I took the ilets..will have to see what happens then..so if invited when test valid but apply a week later that should be OK?

I'm pretty sure that the rules are that you have to be able to demonstrate that at the point of being invited to apply for the visa (not sponsorship but the actual visa process) your points tally was as stated on your EOI (or higher)

This means that your English test must be within 3 years of your invite date

Any job expereince years/months must have happened prior to your invite date

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I only applied for qld

Didnt get any update since EOI lodged.
Waiting for NSW to open sc 491 then will apply for that .

Hi Gurpreet_27
new to this and not sure if I am posting in the right place!

I wondered if you had heard anything yet? Did you only apply to Queensland?
many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a rough estimate of the timeline to get an invite from home affairs after you've submitted all the documents to BSMQ (Queensland state governing body)?

I luckily received an invite from the state body last week, submitted all documents today. Do you know how long it takes for BSMQ to approve?

Thanks!

Occupation: Finance manager and onshore. EOI was submitted early January 2020. 80 points.

2 hours ago, helpplease said:

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a rough estimate of the timeline to get an invite from home affairs after you've submitted all the documents to BSMQ (Queensland state governing body)?

I luckily received an invite from the state body last week, submitted all documents today. Do you know how long it takes for BSMQ to approve?

Thanks!

Occupation: Finance manager and onshore. EOI was submitted early January 2020. 80 points.

Mine took a day!

On 03/04/2020 at 22:41, KangaKit said:

Mine took a day!

Hi,

May I ask if you have done the process yourself and did you hire an migration to do it?  I am new nursing graduate currently working my way to get the 491 

On 03/04/2020 at 10:44, helpplease said:

Thanks!

If BSMQ have invited you, then they are usually pretty quick to approve if you have provided all the necessary docs. Once they have approved, the Home Affairs invitation comes automatically from SkillSelect.

• 2 weeks later...

I got invitation for state nomination application in the last week of March, 2020. I submitted my documents in the first week of April, 2020. How  long does it take to get the outcome of state nomination application for subclass 491?

31 minutes ago, Zami said:

Is there any one who is waiting for QLD subclass 491 state nomination result? They have postponed giving nomination now. This is really a bad news for me.

Hi Zami, I am still waiting. Submitted all my documents first week of April. Are you offshore or onshore? I’m onshore living in QLD.

54 minutes ago, Zami said:

Is there any one who is waiting for QLD subclass 491 state nomination result? They have postponed giving nomination now. This is really a bad news for me.

8 minutes ago, Zami said:

yes you are correct

So I am assuming you are offshore?

3 minutes ago, Zami said:

Yes...was invited to apply( solicitor occupation). But unfortunately, it is stopped...what about you?

Onshore, finance manager. That’s unfortunate that they have stopped inviting offshore. Fingers crossed things get back to normal soon!

1 minute ago, helpplease said:

Onshore, finance manager. That’s unfortunate that they have stopped inviting offshore. Fingers crossed things get back to normal soon!

I have only two months in hand. Thereafter, brand new EOI needs to be created again