You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

KangaKit

491..wow..Queensland are quick!

So submitted an EOI 2 days ago and qld have offered us an invitation to apply for state sponsorship...was not expecting that! Now I know there is still a huge amount of hurdles to go over but wanted to ask ...my English test runs out mid march..if I get an invitation from skillselect before then but I lodge application a week after let's say will it be valid or would I need to repeat?

2 hours ago, KangaKit said:

So submitted an EOI 2 days ago and qld have offered us an invitation to apply for state sponsorship...was not expecting that! Now I know there is still a huge amount of hurdles to go over but wanted to ask ...my English test runs out mid march..if I get an invitation from skillselect before then but I lodge application a week after let's say will it be valid or would I need to repeat?

The English test needs to be valid on the day you are invited to apply for your actual VISA. 

Remember though that whilst PTE technically is only valid for 2 years, AUS immigration allows them to be valid for immigration reasons for 3 years.

If you did take PTE (rather than IELTS) you should logon now and download your pass cert so you have it, as it gets much harded to retrieve after the 2 year validity expires

27 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

The English test needs to be valid on the day you are invited to apply for your actual VISA. 

Remember though that whilst PTE technically is only valid for 2 years, AUS immigration allows them to be valid for immigration reasons for 3 years.

If you did take PTE (rather than IELTS) you should logon now and download your pass cert so you have it, as it gets much harded to retrieve after the 2 year validity expires

I took the ilets..will have to see what happens then..so if invited when test valid but apply a week later that should be OK?

I took the ilets..will have to see what happens then..so if invited when test valid but apply a week later that should be OK?
Are you onshore?

1 hour ago, KangaKit said:

I'm pretty sure that the rules are that you have to be able to demonstrate that at the point of being invited to apply for the visa (not sponsorship but the actual visa process) your points tally was as stated on your EOI (or higher)

This means that your English test must be within 3 years of your invite date

Any job expereince years/months must have happened prior to your invite date

7 hours ago, pipmcrae said:
8 hours ago, KangaKit said:

Are you onshore?

Nope..offshore

3 hours ago, Gurpreet_27 said:

What is you occupation and points ?

Midwife..75 points with 491 sponsorship

Thats really very fast congratulations

I lodged eoi on 2-01-2020 with 65+15 =80 points
Occupation fitter general

And Still waiting for the invitation

Midwife..75 points with 491 sponsorship

Hi Gurpreet_27

new to this and not sure if I am posting in the right place!

I wondered if you had heard anything yet? Did you only apply to Queensland?

many thanks

Yes I only applied for qld

Didnt get any update since EOI lodged.
Waiting for NSW to open sc 491 then will apply for that .

Hi Gurpreet_27
new to this and not sure if I am posting in the right place!

I wondered if you had heard anything yet? Did you only apply to Queensland?
many thanks

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a rough estimate of the timeline to get an invite from home affairs after you've submitted all the documents to BSMQ (Queensland state governing body)?

I luckily received an invite from the state body last week, submitted all documents today. Do you know how long it takes for BSMQ to approve?

Thanks!

Occupation: Finance manager and onshore. EOI was submitted early January 2020. 80 points.

2 hours ago, helpplease said:

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a rough estimate of the timeline to get an invite from home affairs after you've submitted all the documents to BSMQ (Queensland state governing body)?

I luckily received an invite from the state body last week, submitted all documents today. Do you know how long it takes for BSMQ to approve?

Thanks!

Occupation: Finance manager and onshore. EOI was submitted early January 2020. 80 points.

Mine took a day!

On 03/04/2020 at 22:41, KangaKit said:

Mine took a day!

Hi,

May I ask if you have done the process yourself and did you hire an migration to do it?  I am new nursing graduate currently working my way to get the 491 

On 03/04/2020 at 10:44, helpplease said:

Thanks!

If BSMQ have invited you, then they are usually pretty quick to approve if you have provided all the necessary docs. Once they have approved, the Home Affairs invitation comes automatically from SkillSelect.

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.