NEEDING ADVICE + GOOD MIGRATION AGENT

Rayne

Hello
I'm just looking for advice and a good visa agent to take on our case...
I am currently living and working in Broken Hill, NSW on a TSS visa. 
My partner is living in NZ but is from the UK, he is wanting to join me in NSW as a subsequent entrant as my partner on my visa. 
The issues we are facing is that we have been together for slightly over a year however only lived together for 3 months,  so not sure what our chances are of him coming on my visa as de facto. I have read that registering your relationship in the state you live can waiver the requirements however not sure how true this is. We have plenty of evidence to meet all other requirements.

Secondly my partner has a conviction from Australia in 2017 for assault on an officer- he was not placed in jail and released with 12 month good behaviour order. 
He also has 2 previous cautions from the UK from 10 years ago. 
No criminal record from the past 3 years in NZ. 

Obviously before applying for the visa we wanted to know how likely it is that he would be granted a visa especially based on the fact we haven’t lived together for a long time and his criminal record. 
Does the fact he is coming to live in a remote part of Aus with me have any benefit to our case?

Would like some honest advice on the likelihood of a grant and a rough price from an agent. 

Thanks  

Any of the agents who post regularly on here would be worth contacting - I think you're right in wanting to run it by them first.  The assault on a public officer may be something you need to look at - what were the other convictions for - if they're for something similar it might be a difficulty if it shows a pattern of behaviour over a period of time. Gathering some character references might be something to consider.

Guest The Pom Queen

Like you said you really do need a good migration agent. May I suggest @Raul Senise or @wrussell there are many others but these two agents have been around for many years, have an excellent reputation, are registered and have given so much of their own free time to help members of our forum over the years.  You will see they are often recommended on here by members.

@ali The other offences were for drunk and disorderly and they were only cautions back in the UK. We have started to gather all the evidence but seems like a lost cause if an agent doesn’t think it’s possible for a grant. 

@The Pom Queen thank you for the suggestions I will look into those agents. It’s such a mind field trying to navigate who will actually be able to help us. 

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, Rayne said:

@ali The other offences were for drunk and disorderly and they were only cautions back in the UK. We have started to gather all the evidence but seems like a lost cause if an agent doesn’t think it’s possible for a grant. 

@The Pom Queen thank you for the suggestions I will look into those agents. It’s such a mind field trying to navigate who will actually be able to help us. 

Yes it is, but I definitely think you need a good agent, it’s not something I think you could navigate alone.