register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

shanffdd

Visitor Visa Subclass 600

Hi all,

I did not find any tourist visa section so will type it out here.

I am helping out my mother to apply for a visitor visa subclass 600 to Australia from Sri Lanka.

I have completed filling out the online application and attaching the documents.

The online system does not show Biometric or Health Required Flags.

It just shows ready to submit. 

I do not want to submit until I am sure if biometrics and/or health check is required or not as in I do not want to get her application rejected.

Or should I book an appointment for Biometrics and Health after submitting my application as it does not show up on my online application?

I am applying this visa for her since I am moved to Australia from Sri Lanka, my home country after marriage and I want her to visit me.

After you lodge, you will be informed whether barometric/health is required.

Edited by wrussell

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

15 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Thank you.

So you say, I'm good to submit the application and check the immi account regularly for updates requiring biometrics or health check?

They will ask your parents to go through health check if required. That's what happened for my in-laws. I submitted the application first and then they requested for the health checks.

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog

Hi, I'm trying to do the same. But unfortunately I am not a PR holder. I have a bridging visa. Does anyone know whether I have to use Visa 600 or the tourist stream when applying for a tourist visa via immi account.

If you are on a bridging visa why do you want a visitor visa?

Hi, The visitor visa is for my parents. I am planning to invite them for a holiday to Australia. And as I don't have PR, I don't think I can sponsor my parents for a holiday. Further, when I checked the immi account, there was another category for tourist stream. Is that what I have to pick when applying through immi account. 

And my next question is if I apply as a group application, will both of them get a visa or do I have to apply individually.

Thank you in advance.

59 minutes ago, wrussell said:

If you are on a bridging visa why do you want a visitor visa?

Hi, The visitor visa is for my parents. I am planning to invite them for a holiday to Australia. And as I don't have PR, I don't think I can sponsor my parents for a holiday. Further, when I checked the immi account, there was another category for tourist stream. Is that what I have to pick when applying through immi account. 

And my next question is if I apply as a group application, will both of them get a visa or do I have to apply individually.

Thank you in advance.

Y^our parents must make separate applications. If they apply as a group it will ensure that their individual applications will be decided at pretty much the same time and by the same processing centre.

14 hours ago, wrussell said:

Y^our parents must make separate applications. If they apply as a group it will ensure that their individual applications will be decided at pretty much the same time and by the same processing centre.

Thank you so much.

On 24/02/2020 at 10:13, wrussell said:

Thanks, and yes you are right. I submitted my mother's application and after that, it displays only biometric required. Under health checks it mentions that she does not need to go through any health check. 

Posted (edited)
On 25/02/2020 at 05:01, path2aus said:

They will ask your parents to go through health check if required. That's what happened for my in-laws. I submitted the application first and then they requested for the health checks.

For my mother's visitor visa application subclass 600, only biometrics was required, The health check was not required. 

I think health check would be required for the applicants who chose travel period as minimum 6 and 12 months.

I chose a minimum of 3 months for my mother.

Edited by shanffdd

16 hours ago, shanffdd said:

For my mother's visitor visa application subclass 600, only biometrics was required, The health check was not required. 

I think health check would be required for the applicants who chose travel period as minimum 6 and 12 months.

I chose a minimum of 3 months for my mother.

Yes, I applied for 6 months stay so they required a health check.

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog

Sometimes medical examinations are called for, whatever length of stay is requested.