Student visa to SHARED student visa?!?

Amanda Natascha Sundstrom

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a little bit more then 1 year now. Lived with each other ever since day one, have mural bank account etc. 

Im born in Sweden and my partner in Brazil. He has been here for three years on STUDENT visa and myself two years WH visa and now first year STUDENT. 

His visa expires in July 2020 and doesn’t wanna go back on student visa and mine expires July 2021 (what’s  gonna happen after that is another mystery lol). 

So our little plan is that he jumps on my visa which I assume would work?!?! Correct me if I’m wrong.

BUT. We are having a wedding to attend on in Europe in August and I’m a bit worried if he’s gonna be able to go since he will apply for student with me in July and can he travel and leave the country while he’s waiting?! 

Some Bridget visas doesn’t let you leave the country u til you’ve got it approved.

Please help! Cheers 🙂

12 hours ago, Amanda Natascha Sundstrom said:

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a little bit more then 1 year now. Lived with each other ever since day one, have mural bank account etc. 

Im born in Sweden and my partner in Brazil. He has been here for three years on STUDENT visa and myself two years WH visa and now first year STUDENT. 

His visa expires in July 2020 and doesn’t wanna go back on student visa and mine expires July 2021 (what’s  gonna happen after that is another mystery lol). 

So our little plan is that he jumps on my visa which I assume would work?!?! Correct me if I’m wrong.

It depends whether you declared him on your current student visa. If you did not, it may be difficult.

12 hours ago, Amanda Natascha Sundstrom said:

BUT. We are having a wedding to attend on in Europe in August and I’m a bit worried if he’s gonna be able to go since he will apply for student with me in July and can he travel and leave the country while he’s waiting?! 

Some Bridget visas doesn’t let you leave the country u til you’ve got it approved.

If a valid application is made while he is in Australia he will get a bridging visa A which allows him to remain in Australia to await the outcome.

If he needs to travel, he will need to apply for a bridging visa B and have it granted, before he leaves the country.