Proof of residency in regional area in case never sign the house?

Hi there,

I am currently on my 489 visa. I am a single woman, and renting the room out of retired couple. I pay cash to them fortnightly and that includes all water, electricity, and internet.

My question is, what can i use to proof my residency to immigration if I want to apply for 887 visa after I complete the requirement of working and living in the regional area?

Do they need a proper lease agreement of electricity bills? Or the letter from landlord is fine.

Has anyone applied to 887 with the same situation before?

Appreciate every comment. Thank you.

Do you have bank statements or other official correspondence sent to you at that address?   What address do you put on your tax return?  You can use those documents as proof.

If you're paying them cash, then they may be reluctant to even give you a letter, if they're not declaring it to the taxman

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

@Marisawright thank you for you answer. 😚

Yes. I do put all my address for tax, super, all the cards using my current address in regional area where I stay. My driving license also has this address. If those can use as proofs so that would be great. 

Maybe bank statements would help if they can see that daily transactions are in regional area. 

At first I thought the proof has to be related to the house or lease or electricity bills only.