Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi guys


Myself and my husband and son all have permanent residency visas - we are landing in May. After securing these we fell pregnant and had a baby here in the UK , she is now 15 weeks old but we are on a tight timeline to get there , i rang immigration and they said it’s best to get her in on a typical 90 day tourist visa, then apply for 802 once we are there and they’ll give her a bridging visa to bridge the gap whilst applying . The normal child visa from here was going to take too long.

I’m still nervous as our departure draws closer and my daughter doesn’t have a visa.

Can anyone reassure that it’s that ‘easy’?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know the correct answer to your question but I do know that you should never take advice from the immigration helpline. Weird as it sounds, they are not trained to offer advice on complex immigration matters, they are literally people who work in a call centre. They have stuffed up many people’s chance to emigrate or obtain a visa with their bad advice. Immigration will say ‘you should have sought advice from a registered migration agent’ by way of protecting themselves, which is what I would advise you to do. 

It needn’t cost a fortune, sometimes you can have a quick consult just to determine the best pathway for your circumstances. If you choose a MA to actually do the application on your behalf that’s where it costs more. Either way, make sure they are MARA registered, you don’t need a lawyer (another common mistake). There are a number of reputable RMAs who post regularly on the forum. 
Their signatures are under their posts with their MARA numbers. 

It may be the advice you were given by the helpline turns out to be correct but I would definitely run it by a RMA first. 

Good luck 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord only knows what a 'typical 90 day tourist visa' is. You could try applying for an ETA for the baby and see what happens. If you have no luck with this, consult one of the RMAs who posts on this forum.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now