Air freight ??

scubacam

1 hour ago, scubacam said:

Hi guys

We’ve decided we need to take a few boxes by plane to have straight away. Stuff that won’t go in suitcases and without getting into details stuff we don’t want to buy again there or wait to arrive on the boat.

Has anyone done this?

Recommendations ?

Thank you.

It is almost always cheaper to take it as excess baggage with you (airline baggage can be anything within reason it doesn;t have to be a suitcase) We once took a boxed mini-fridge as a piece of baggage.

Air freight is massively expensive - you should think about £150 per normal sized moving box as being a decent price

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

It is almost always cheaper to take it as excess baggage with you (airline baggage can be anything within reason it doesn;t have to be a suitcase) We once took a boxed mini-fridge as a piece of baggage.

Air freight is massively expensive - you should think about £150 per normal sized moving box as being a decent price

I'd have to disagree with you on that. On Emirates, £95 bought me 5 kilos of excess baggage (and that was a special offer, not the going rate). With mybaggage.com, the £95 bought me a whole suitcase: it took under a week to arrive and went via DHL, so I was kept in the loop as to its whereabouts the whole time. I also sent half a dozen boxes with parcel2go.com. However, anyone using that service needs to choose their courier company carefully (UPS are great, DPD are dire, OCS Landmark were good on the Aussie side but not the UK side, etc.) and make sure to attach an "Unaccompanied Personal Effects" form to the box even if they are not asked for it: https://www.abf.gov.au/form-listing/forms/B534e.pdf

Edited by LobsterMobster