So excited

belter

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm from Scotland moving back to Australia for the second time. One of the main things about being back home is the weather I live in North Scotland and I think it's freezing all the time. It's always rainy or windy. Now I've had children I realise we are stuck inside much of the time and I think everyone will have a better life in Australia. 

I'm not naive, I've been there I know what it's like I've been isolated, lonely etc but then I was isolated, lonely etc back here too. So I'm going to give it another try, I think we are so lucky that we can x x 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 3

Good luck and best wishes for the move. In Aus it depends where about you go, maybe. I found that joining various groups, social/gym etc. helps with reference to being less isolated.

However I understand, about feeling isolated and what that can do to a person. The important thing is that you are coming to this with a well rounded assessment of what to expect and that’s great. It helps.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, belter said:

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm from Scotland moving back to Australia for the second time. One of the main things about being back home is the weather I live in North Scotland and I think it's freezing all the time. It's always rainy or windy. Now I've had children I realise we are stuck inside much of the time and I think everyone will have a better life in Australia. 

I'm not naive, I've been there I know what it's like I've been isolated, lonely etc but then I was isolated, lonely etc back here too. So I'm going to give it another try, I think we are so lucky that we can x x 

Where are you moving to?  Here in Melbourne it's been windy and rainy pretty much all week😃

I'm Scottish and I find the weather here in Tassie (the area where I live)  far, far kinder than the Scottish weather   ............  even in the middle of winter when it does get very windy and wet.  At least that sort of weather is broken up with lots of  lovely sunny days.

I'm the same as Marisa.  Can't tolerate hot, humid weather.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unzippy said:

Where are you moving to?  Here in Melbourne it's been windy and rainy pretty much all week😃

I've just been catching up with the news on TV and the weather looked pretty rough in Melbourne.  😯

It rained here in the morning and it looked like it wasn't going to clear but by lunch time the sky was blue and it's been lovely this afternoon.  The weather can change so quickly.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I'm Scottish and I find the weather here in Tassie (the area where I live)  far, far kinder than the Scottish weather   ............  even in the middle of winter when it does get very windy and wet.  At least that sort of weather is broken up with lots of  lovely sunny days.

I'm the same as Marisa.  Can't tolerate hot, humid weather.

We’ve had very humid days lately, which is very unpleasant.  You couldn’t pay me to live in Qld, NT, or northern NSW/WA.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Most of WA isn't humid. Around Perth is usually pretty low humidity and 32 degrees here is a lot more comfortable than 32 over East.

When we left Perth to live in Sydney the humidity was hard to get used to .  In Perth I could cope with 35C easily but in Sydney on a humid day I struggled in 25C heat.  Never got used to it either.  Spring, autumn and winter  .............  lovely but really didn't enjoy summers.