Can my company apply 186 DE for me if I am on a subsequent entrant visa with full rights?

arzh2

As the title suggests, I have been working in Australia for the past 1 year on a subsequent entrant visa with full working rights as a software engineer (261313). My company wants to sponsor (186 DE
) and has asked me to look into the requirements. My questions are:

1. Am I eligible for being sponsored? As I'm on a subsequent entrant visa.

2. They are a software product company with a medium to large user base. They have just acquired a funding round in Feb. Also, they are in business since 2014. This would be their first sponsorship application. Would they be eligible for sponsoring?

3. Let's say they are eligible, what is the ballpark fees the company has to pay for this application?

4. How much time it would take for the whole process if everything goes ideally?

They want me to work with them for a foreseeable future and would/could do anything to help me. Also, I have done my skills assessment from ACS (positive), got my English test results (superior).

Thanks.

The question as to whether you and/or the business are eligible will depend on a number of factors and there is insufficient information in your post to give even a basic indication.

The minimum cost for the business would be the training levy, which is between $3,000 to $5,000 depending on business turnover.

Current processing times are erratic but published processing time is currently 5 to 6 months.

• Like 1

The cost for a 186 DE visa will include the training levy (must be paid by the employer) plus the costs for the nomination, the visa application (plus dependents), health checks, police checks, translation of documents (if not in English), English test (if you aren't exempt) plus costs of a migration agent (not mandatory but strongly recommended especially if they haven't sponsored before).  Whether the employer pays all the costs or expects you to pay a portion is something you'd need to discuss with them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...