Visa 189 job seek

elboras

33 minutes ago, elboras said:

Thank you so much, and I promise these are my last questions

And if my application is rejected (I am aiming to 85-90 points for the 189, so pretty uncertain outcome) those $4,045 will go down the drain?

Since you know very well the process, how easy is to secure job from overseas with a 189/190 granted? Do Australian companies normally hire people with a permanent visa but living overseas? Can you share any personal experience (or from friends) in this regard?

So the things you pay in advance of applying are 1&2 in my list above

Point 3 in the list is you actually applying (and it is free), but needs to be correct.

Everything from then on you only pay if they invite you to apply for a VISA - at this point you've passed the points threshold (unless you counted up your points wrong and get found out)

So everyhting from point 4 onwards only needs paying for or happens after you know you've passed the points threshold 

In terms of companies hiring without you being in Oz, well some do but in all honesty most won't - most want someone to start within the month and if you aren't on Oz soil organising to get there (even with the visa already in hand) in under a month is big undertaking. Certainly try, but expect to have to move over as an unemployed person and go on the job hunt as soon as you land

15 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

So the things you pay in advance of applying are 1&2 in my list above

Point 3 in the list is you actually applying (and it is free), but needs to be correct.

Everything from then on you only pay if they invite you to apply for a VISA - at this point you've passed the points threshold (unless you counted up your points wrong and get found out)

So everyhting from point 4 onwards only needs paying for or happens after you know you've passed the points threshold 

In terms of companies hiring without you being in Oz, well some do but in all honesty most won't - most want someone to start within the month and if you aren't on Oz soil organising to get there (even with the visa already in hand) in under a month is big undertaking. Certainly try, but expect to have to move over as an unemployed person and go on the job hunt as soon as you land

Thank you so much. Hi, sorry, some more things.

1. Apart from completing my skill assessment, will VETASSESS advise me how many years/points (0-15 points) will I get in my visa application for "skilled employment experience outside Australia"? This is very important because that will give me a good idea of my chances.

2. I am starting to consider the visa 190. For this visa you have to work the first two years in the nominated state but then you are free to work anywhere else in Australia, right?

3. The visa 190 for Chemist is eligible atm for NSW, SA, ACT and TAS. Correct?

Thanks

10 hours ago, elboras said:

Thank you so much. Hi, sorry, some more things.

1. Apart from completing my skill assessment, will VETASSESS advise me how many years/points (0-15 points) will I get in my visa application for "skilled employment experience outside Australia"? This is very important because that will give me a good idea of my chances.

2. I am starting to consider the visa 190. For this visa you have to work the first two years in the nominated state but then you are free to work anywhere else in Australia, right?

3. The visa 190 for Chemist is eligible atm for NSW, SA, ACT and TAS. Correct?

Thanks

Why on Earth are you not using a good registered migration agent ? 

• 1 year later...

Hi Elbolas,

have you gotten your PR under 189 or 190?

Currently, I have 80-85 points, but I considering whether to go through all the hassles and money (migration assessment/PTE etc) if there is very low chance of getting an invitation. 

thanks in advance. 

40 minutes ago, Elt said:

Hi Elbolas,

have you gotten your PR under 189 or 190?

Currently, I have 80-85 points, but I considering whether to go through all the hassles and money (migration assessment/PTE etc) if there is very low chance of getting an invitation. 

thanks in advance. 

If you cannot score over 90 points, there is no chance of obtaining a 189 visa