491 family sponsored

Rachelalexia

Hi my sister now has PR in Perth and looking for confirmation of 491 sponsorship occupations/ skills list. Hubby is ( a plant manager/ Manufacturing Manager/ Production manager/ Operations manager)  category 133512 which is on the list but I’m not sure if it’s available for family sponsored or just state sponsored 

Back story 

we lived in Perth for 3 years unfortunately due to visa issues ( husband employer let him go after a short illness whilst we were waiting for 187 ( I think)  it was employer sponsored and our application had been in for 11 months at the time. And occupation was not on any skills lists at the time. So long story short we had to move back to the uk with our daughters 6 & 8. 
we are desperate to get back to Australia and will move anywhere I would appreciate any advice/ information 

thanks 

Edited by Rachelalexia

33 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If it's on the short-term list then he is not eligible to apply for any kind of permanent visa, sorry.

That’s not the case. The STSOL gives access to the 190 and also the regional provisional 491 (state sponsored) and 494 visas. 

Edited by paulhand

Unfortunately, it has become quite confusing with the constant and on going evolution of the various lists over the years.

There is now the MLTSSL, the STSOL and the ROL each with their own requirements or caveats, depending on the visa subclass being applied for (189, 190, 186, 187, 482, 491, 494, 407, 485, etc).

To complicate things further, each State or Territory also has their own individual occupation lists for various categories such as 190, 491, DAMA, etc, each with their own requirements.

• Like 3