888 forms hold strong evidence ?

Guest Jullia

I have 6 Australian citizens doing 888 forms for my partner visa . Which are parents and friends . A agent has told me that more the better as they are the strongest evidence to provide . Is this true does it hold a lot of weight in the application ?  The agent said if I can get more people then 6 to do a 888 form then the stronger it is 

also we’re going to get statements from my parents family who live overseas but I think it’s a  different form that they will have to fill out . 

Edited by Jullia

1 hour ago, wrussell said:

Is your agent a registered migration agent?

I haven’t paid him yet but apparently he is . He’s in a office so I’m assuming he is 

5 hours ago, Jullia said:

I haven’t paid him yet but apparently he is . He’s in a office so I’m assuming he is 

Sorry but LOL.

Just because he’s in an office doesn’t make him anything. 

An agent should be registered with Mara, nothing else- MARA. 
If he is he’ll have a unique number that will be assigned to him and him alone. You can look it up on the Mara website, it’s easy to do. 
Don’t trust anyone for advice who isn’t a Mara registered agent. The posts we’ve had over the years from people who have shelled out thousands for bad, wrong and sometimes just made up ‘advice’ is shocking. 

The advice about 6 citizens filling out some form as evidence for a partner visa sounds ridiculous to me. Why on earth would that be proof that you’re in a committed genuine relationship? 
Look at other threads on the forum, there are literally hundreds with advice on what kind of evidence you need for partner visas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Sorry but LOL.

Just because he’s in an office doesn’t make him anything. 

An agent should be registered with Mara, nothing else- MARA. 
If he is he’ll have a unique number that will be assigned to him and him alone. You can look it up on the Mara website, it’s easy to do. 
Don’t trust anyone for advice who isn’t a Mara registered agent. The posts we’ve had over the years from people who have shelled out thousands for bad, wrong and sometimes just made up ‘advice’ is shocking. 

The advice about 6 citizens filling out some form as evidence for a partner visa sounds ridiculous to me. Why on earth would that be proof that you’re in a committed genuine relationship? 
Look at other threads on the forum, there are literally hundreds with advice on what kind of evidence you need for partner visas.

Thank you that’s what I was thinking and he wanted more then 6 I thought maybe 3 or 4 would be enough . Thank you I don’t think I’ll go with him I’ll try look for a Mara agent . Thank you 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Toots said:

Being in an office doesn't mean anything.  Check and make sure he is a MARA registered agent.  

mara.png

Thank you I’ll make sure that the agent I go with his a Mara agent 

I am not an immigration agent but I am a lawyer (English) so deal with evidence.

Six people all saying the same thing is no more useful than one person doing so - so Mother, Father, Granny and Grandpa, brother and brother all saying exactly the same thing - maybe that you visited at Christmas and stayed for 10 days - really doesn't add anything to the first person who says it.

Six people all giving different evidence is different, as it paints a much wider, more detailed picture of everything.  So (just assuming facts): (1) a Mother evidencing her knowledge of the relationship and the fact that her son had talked to her by phone and in emails about this girl who he was in a relationship with who he then brought home on holiday; then (2) a mutual friend giving evidence about how they introduced the pair of you and suddenly you were a couple; then (3) a flat mate evidencing your living together in a shared flat in London; then (4) a work colleague talking about that side of things and how the relationship was apparent, then (5) a travel companion talking about you being together as a couple when you went around Europe in a group - at that point your witnesses are evidencing so much about your relationship that it is convincing and compelling.

• Like 1

I keep all but two forms 888 in reserve for when immigration seek further information, as they often do.

In 17 years I have not had a finalised partner visa refused, but there is always a risk of a complaint if an applicant is refused a visa and believes that because not all their 888s and other waffle was uploaded.