Skills Assessment Support (SAS) Question

yhnswhydi

Hi Guys!

Have any one used the Skills Assessment Support (SAS) from VETASSESS?

I wanted to nominate one of the general occupation on the WA migration list, however the requirement for that occupation is pretty much in the grey area. (Insurance Broker).

I graduated from University of Western Australia as a Master of Commerce (Finance), and currently working as an Insurance Broker. Looking at the requirement, I do not have any relevant degree/units about Insurance Broking. However, to my knowledge, there is no degree for Insurance Broking.

As such, I would like to know whether SAS will give me a better clarity of my situation now.

Thanks beforehand!

Does this help?

Insurance Broker (ANZSCO Code 222113)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma or higher and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

• at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,
  • undertaken in the last five years,
  • working 20 hours or more per week, and
  • highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, then the applicant must have:

• two years of post-qualification employment experience at an appropriate skill level,
  • undertaken in the last five years,
  • working 20 hours or more per week, and
  • highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

If employment has occurred before completion of qualification, then three years of highly relevant employment experience are required in addition to at least one year of highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years.

Please note in order to achieve a successful Skills Assessment Outcome, a positive assessment for both qualifications and employment is required.

An Insurance Broker operates as an independent agent to sell life, fire, accident, industrial or other forms of insurance for a range of insurance companies (ANZSCO).

Highly relevant fields of study would include a major focus in Insurance Broking.  

This occupation is not to be confused with the occupation of 611211 Insurance Agent which is separately classified in ANZSCO.