register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Karan08

medical visa test mild anxiety medication

Long story short

i have finished my tb treatment last month and going for a health examination.

Due to being on tb treatment and visa and financial issues i was bit worried and overthinking so 3 months ago my gp put me on ssri for my overthinking and mild anxiety.

After i finished my treatment my anxiety disappeared completely but now i have to give my health exam and there is a question

If i have or do i suffer from mental health??

What should i say- yes or no?

And do i take any medication??

How will it effect my medical test??

Anyone who has some knowledge

Please help because i dont want to do make any mistake.

Honesty is always the best policy, it's always better to give too much information than too little.  I'm sure they'll want you to explain the details and they can decide if it's important or not.

3 hours ago, mt9754 said:

Honesty is always the best policy, it's always better to give too much information than too little.  I'm sure they'll want you to explain the details and they can decide if it's important or not.

What i was trying to ask is, was my 2 months of taking the medication extensive? As it says i have to say yes if i was on extensive treatment?? Thats why i am confused

Screenshot_20200216-103657_Firefox.jpg

If in doubt, always say yes, and explain. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

I wouldn't say your treatment was extensive or enough to cause you problems with a visa grant but i do think it needs to be mentioned somewhere on your form / report.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

As mentioned, be open and honest. My wife was on anti-depressants for a while, so we said yes to that question. At the medical, the doctor asked a couple of questions about it and said it's nothing to worry about. We got our visa granted a few weeks ago.

• Like 2