You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Parley

Manchester City Banned for 2 years

English champions Manchester City have been banned from European competition for the next two seasons and fined €30 million ($48.5 million) by European soccer's governing body UEFA after an investigation into alleged breaches of Financial Fair Play rules.

Rorting the salary cap or similar.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/manchester-city-banned-from-champion-s-league-for-two-seasons-by-uefa-20200215-p5412f.html

I want it all, and I want it now.

Might be a chance for Man Utd to make champions league football after all if they manage a surge.

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

City will appeal and as long as that's in place they cant throw us out …….. 

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

2 hours ago, tonyman said:

City will appeal and as long as that's in place they cant throw us out …….. 

But perhaps a longer ban - if they've broken rules then there has to be a punishment

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

No rules have been broken....... Just email hacked..... If we were guilty then we wouldn't bother appealing...

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Nothing to do with the ban but has anyone watched the film ‘The Keeper’ it’s the story of the Manchester City goal keeper Bert Trautmann.  Definitely worth a watch and not all about football, it has a great storyline, I loved it. 

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Nothing to do with the ban but has anyone watched the film ‘The Keeper’ it’s the story of the Manchester City goal keeper Bert Trautmann.  Definitely worth a watch and not all about football, it has a great storyline, I loved it. 

Not seen it, but sounds interesting.  My uncle said he was a POW in the same camp as Bert at some point - but not sure which one  

10 minutes ago, ali said:

Not seen it, but sounds interesting.  My uncle said he was a POW in the same camp as Bert at some point - but not sure which one  

Try and watch it if you can ali, it was outstanding.  The POW camp was somewhere up north, I can’t remember exactly where. 

The fa need to step up in all this Financial fair play is abused across the whole of the pyramid system , it’s a joke 

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Try and watch it if you can ali, it was outstanding.  The POW camp was somewhere up north, I can’t remember exactly where. 

Might have been Ashton in Makerfield, although I know my uncle Egan was at some point a POW in Oldham as that's were he settled - he didn't return to Germany