186 Visa - Employer requirements

Julianamnp

Hello there,

My husband just started working for a company and they are open to help him with the 186 visa. We are currently in the 485 visa that expires in December.

Knowing that the 186 visa is more detailed and complicated I would like to request your advices regarding the company profile, it is an electrical engineering company that is on the market since 2014. My husband is an Electrical engineering technician, is the nomination accepted based on the profession in demand or in the company profile? I am trying to understand the risks of his application, whether he should try 186 visa or 190. 

I appreciate your help in advance. 

On 15/02/2020 at 01:35, Julianamnp said:

Hello there,

My husband just started working for a company and they are open to help him with the 186 visa. We are currently in the 485 visa that expires in December.

Knowing that the 186 visa is more detailed and complicated I would like to request your advices regarding the company profile, it is an electrical engineering company that is on the market since 2014. My husband is an Electrical engineering technician, is the nomination accepted based on the profession in demand or in the company profile? I am trying to understand the risks of his application, whether he should try 186 visa or 190. 

I appreciate your help in advance. 

For the nomination they will be looking at the company and the position being nominated.

As you are on a 485, you will be applying under the direct entry pathway. As such, your husband will need to meet specific requirements for the visa.