register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ali

CTF - what's the solution

Just now, Parley said:

I'm sure you know that it is not illegal to be homophobic or even racist in your beliefs.

Actually 40% of fair minded Australians voted against Same Sex Marriage. I was one of them obviously.

There is nothing wrong with me expressing my genuinely held views and I am free to do so.

Not in their world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simmo said:

Yet you can't quite put your finger on why my views are "racist".  🤔

No one's accusing you of being an idiot simmo.

You know how far you can push a post and push a thread. But when you consider all of your posts as a whole, there is a clear and unwavering pattern which you can't hide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, newjez said:

Read your posts mate if you have any doubts. This isn't rocket science. There is a clear unwavering pattern to the way you post.

why is it you feel the need to put people into boxes.....labelled as a certain type......why cant you just answer a point or express your view without having to personalise everything?

• Like 3

Just now, newjez said:

No one's accusing you of being an idiot simmo.

You know how far you can push a post and push a thread. But when you consider all of your posts as a whole, there is a clear and unwavering pattern which you can't hide.

in your opinion......yet you seem to think its fact.....

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kungfustu said:

I would never bring your kids or any member of your family into these debates.....you were totally out of order to even mention my son especially in the context that you used.....I'd mentioned him on another thread not connected at all with the Brexit thing.....I was extremely proud of him and thats why I raised it on another thread.....you brought him into the Brexit debate to score points and its those very actions that erode peoples trust and promote bad feelings towards other members.......

I've never felt the need to edit anyone's post I have quoted and I never would.....it is just pure stupidity..........a high school honours book or certificate of degree is not always an accurate indication of intelligence......maybe you should use some of that superior education you experienced to consider my previous sentence.....

If your son had his legs blown off in northern Ireland because the troubles had kicked off again as a result of a hard Brexit you supported, it would probably be in bad taste for me to blame you for it.

But asking why you would support a course of action that would make that more likely is a valid question. You provided the information. I just put two and two together.

But you seemed incapable of understanding my stance of supporting some brexit forms but not others. It was just brexit, any Brexit. in or out. One or the other. Possibly you hadn't really thought about it very deeply.

But I'm guessing you thought about it a bit after my post. Interesting that you didn't change your mind. But you don't seem to be capable of that. I imagine the impasse gave you a head ache.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

why is it you feel the need to put people into boxes.....labelled as a certain type......why cant you just answer a point or express your view without having to personalise everything?

The cap fits mate.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, newjez said:

If your son had his legs blown off in northern Ireland because the troubles had kicked off again as a result of a hard Brexit you supported, it would probably be in bad taste for me to blame you for it.

But asking why you would support a course of action that would make that more likely is a valid question. You provided the information. I just put two and two together.

But you seemed incapable of understanding my stance of supporting some brexit forms but not others. It was just brexit, any Brexit. in or out. One or the other. Possibly you hadn't really thought about it very deeply.

But I'm guessing you thought about it a bit after my post. Interesting that you didn't change your mind. But you don't seem to be capable of that. I imagine the impasse gave you a head ache.

"whats the solution".....well thats 2 out of 4 contributing to the cause.....can you see it now when you read it back?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, simmo said:

Calm down champ. I'm only asking someone to point out the racism.  They obviously can't.

They've told you to look at your own posts.   They obviously can.

• Haha 2

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

25 minutes ago, simmo said:

Seriously!

From someone who has never nailed their colours to the mast!

Show me the facts. Where are these racist homophobic posts?

Read the signature.

I have an leave mind.

Unusual around here.

Edited by newjez

22 minutes ago, simmo said:

Not in their world.

Actually not true SImmo...you can say what you like, but almost seem to be embarrassed to admit it.   Here you are agreeing, but at the same time asking for proof.  You're a very confused man

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

The other thing that really bugs me is people never accept when they are wrong.

You can probably find a few mistakes I've made, and when pointed out I say point taken, or I stand corrected.

That shouldn't be unusual.

But generally we just get silence with laughing faces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm stuck in an eye hospital for six hours for glaucoma tests btw.

What's all your excuses for not enjoying the day?

35 minutes ago, Parley said:

I'm sure you know that it is not illegal to be homophobic or even racist in your beliefs.

Actually 40% of fair minded Australians voted against Same Sex Marriage. I was one of them obviously.

There is nothing wrong with me expressing my genuinely held views and I am free to do so.

I don't care if you are homophobic parley. Lot's of people are. My parents are. What I object to is when you think homosexuals should be granted less rights than others because you are homophobic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, newjez said:

The other thing that really bugs me is people never accept when they are wrong.

You can probably find a few mistakes I've made, and when pointed out I say point taken, or I stand corrected.

That shouldn't be unusual.

But generally we just get silence with laughing faces.

I think you will find it probably bothers you a lot more than it does the silent laughing faces......now theres a thought😂......spewing when others do not accept when they are wrong......welcome to the "Court of Jez".....judge....jury and executioner......its starting to make sense now.....only child by any chance?

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

53 minutes ago, simmo said:

Calm down champ. I'm only asking someone to point out the racism.  They obviously can't.

Referring to the Chinese race:

"They all live insheds in people's back gardens. Terrible hygiene"

I suppose you think that's banter?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

For goodness sake STOP 🛑 LOOK AT THE LOT OF YOU. 

I am in hospital and yet you pretend macho men have managed to upset two of the most beautiful women I have ever known in my life and accused them and myself of being the problem, with SSiri emailing Cal saying they didn’t care I was in Intensive Care Unit that they demanded action. Well Samantha you may be able to boss your other work colleagues around but not me I am afraid. 

‘It’s only recently that we have made CTF visible again to guests it was hidden for a long time. 
Another hidden forum for off topic things probably won’t work, we had one called The Ring that members had to subscribe to separately, people never posted in there they still used CTF for their bickering. You see a number of you who are complaining at the mods and telling them how to run the place or telling us, forget that Ali and Cal were the first 2 members of the forum and probably followed by Simmo and Perthbum, they have been around longer than us. They know how the forum runs in stages. There have always been clashes of personalities on the site. In fact one of the largest problems we had for a long while was bickering between the high risk countries. For them it was out of frustration at the long visa wait.

‘Now there is so much more I want to say and I could say but for tonight I will walk away. However, if anyone ever disrespects one of my moderators again they will be banned for life, I don’t care who you are. 
Ali gave you the chance to be part of deciding the future of CTF and look how grown up you all were. I suppose that was her fault as well. To be honest it probably was for thinking you could have a sensible discussion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.